aberdeen-music

Local bands YOU should check out this year!!

Alkaline

you're related to the chap that used to own the haven aren't you? a lovely guy he is' date=' he used to give us free pies at closing time so there was always a mad rush out of the pub just before they closed to get the mince n mealie pies before everyone else. fine fine pies. good chips too. i cried when the haven closed.[/quote']

Yup....my cousin! He's now working in some hotel where Billy Connolly and Pamela Stephenson are regulars.

I forgot that there was a chance of seeing Sundaram live.........that will be a MUST SEE!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes go and see the videos....i thought id mentioned them...but obviously not!!

And just to clear something up you crazy crazy kids....the title of our band is

Project: VEN -Hell

OKAY?!

You can't drive a Ven though.

How are you going to get to hell?

I think your band should be called...

"RIKKI IS WHAT YOU WANT TO BE"

I hear it was once scrawled in soap on the floor of a eurohostel in Glasgow.... would you know anything about this?

I hear "Project: Ven hell" was written on the windows... also in soap.

You can't drive a Ven though.

How are you going to get to hell?

I think your band should be called...

"RIKKI IS WHAT YOU WANT TO BE"

I hear it was once scrawled in soap on the floor of a eurohostel in Glasgow.... would you know anything about this?

I hear "Project: Ven hell" was written on the windows... also in soap.

I heard those rumours also......september the 1st 2004 that happened i believe......and you can drive a ven.....just say van in a south african accent and you will know what i mean......

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I'm also looking forward to seeing At Long Last on Monday. Should be a great gig. Everyone should pile into kef to show solidarity for the Aberdeen scene. There's definately something for everyone on the bill.

Awesome

:rockon:

Uh what? Provided your taste in music comes under the categories of Emo or Skate Punk?

Once again the shared brain cell of the Sam/Phat boy experience rears its ugly, yes ugly head. Remember i know who both of you are and i'm much bigger and more intelligent than both of you :D . Pedantry is not smart its just like sarcasm, a low form of wit for the braindead. Take it easy guys, don't want to over work yourselves with a witty reply

Hugs and Kisses

x

Guest Cowboy Dan
Once again the shared brain cell of the Sam/Phat boy experience rears its ugly' date=' yes ugly head. Remember i know who both of you are and i'm much bigger and more intelligent than both of you :D . Pedantry is not smart its just like sarcasm, a low form of wit for the braindead. Take it easy guys, don't want to over work yourselves with a witty reply

Hugs and Kisses

x[/quote']

I'm sorry, what exactly are you trying to say?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Once again the shared brain cell of the Sam/Phat boy experience rears its ugly' date=' yes ugly head. Remember i know who both of you are and i'm much bigger and more intelligent than both of you :D . Pedantry is not smart its just like sarcasm, a low form of wit for the braindead. Take it easy guys, don't want to over work yourselves with a witty reply

Hugs and Kisses

x[/quote']

What the fuck - are you going to beat me up Phil? :nono: I know who you are as well - you work upstairs at Bruce Millers and sometimes go to Moshulu on a Friday night, where you like to talk to my girlfriend for lengths of time when I go to the toilet. :nono:

You may think I'm pedantic but it is human nature to take most things that people say literally. Hence when you make a statement that this gig caters for everyone's music tastes, I assume you are being serious. And if you were being serious, then you're seriously wrong in making such a statement, if you'll pardon the play on words. :rockon:

What the fuck - are you going to beat me up Phil? :nono: I know who you are as well - you work upstairs at Bruce Millers and sometimes go to Moshulu on a Friday night' date=' where you like to talk to my girlfriend for lengths of time when I go to the toilet. :nono:

You may think I'm pedantic but it is human nature to take most things that people say literally. Hence when you make a statement that this gig caters for everyone's music tastes, I assume you are being serious. And if you were being serious, then you're seriously wrong in making such a statement, if you'll pardon the play on words. :rockon:[/quote']

Dude, i wouldn't dream of kicking your ass. I like you guys on here too much to resort to violence, i actually love your brand of random humour, i find it funny. Don't take everything at face value. A bit of give and take is required here, u can't expect to leap on someones views all the time and have no comeback from it- both you and Sam are guilty of doing it sometimes. For the record, yeah it was a sweeping generalisation- i assume that a lot of people on here like metal. emo, and punk in its many forms- look i can make assumptions too.

Chill oot man.

(remember smilies have meaning too)

Ps I happen to like your girlfriend as an aquaintance, she is also friends with quite a few friends of mine. Don't be so touchy, she's with you isn't she? Take from that what you will

headseen

well everyone can see dedalus at the lemon tree on the 18th of february with the little kicks and the mighty aka the fox and someone else who i forget at the moment but i'm sure they'll be ace as well.

The other band completing the line up for the night are called headseen. It's going to be a fantastic night so come along if you can.

• 3 weeks later...
I disagree! For the' date=' yes THE best chip shop in the world is the super super fabulous Fish n Things, on Gallowhill Road, Fraserburgh, and don't ye forget it me hearties![/quote']

need to check oot Fish n Things next time in in the broch (soon I think)

will revert with findings from said fish supper