aberdeen-music

Its Our Last Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dizzy Storm

ITS HERE!!! ITS GONNA GO OFF!!! :D:love:

ITS OPEN STAGE!!! :band: (jim'll even set up one of his nice drum kits!!)

COME DRINK THE BAR DRY!! (yes please, do!!) :cheers:

DO NOT WEAR BLACK!!!! (cause i noticed more than usual last night that everyone was in black!!! probably just my imagination...!) :down::D

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE/PINCH/STEAL ANYTHING THAT BELONGS TO THE BAR AS A 'SOUVENIR' (no honestly, we WILL kill you) X(

SEE YOU THERE :love:

oops slight change from what i said in the first post....we can DI an electric guitar through the PA if needed BUT we still want folk to play a song/songs in an open mic sorta acoustic styleee...if you know what i mean....so no full on 'usual style' of yer songs....adapt them please!! hehe i cant wait to hear filthpact acoustic!!!!

Warning...

As much as I would love to allow it I can't. If I find anyone damaging or removing any part of the venue thinking that they want a piece of the place for old times sake then they will be dealt with! Anything broken or missing will have to be replaced at 'my expense' and believe me I've put enough of my own cash into that place!!!! We are still tenants we are simply ceasing to trade! It's not a padlock on the doors situation!!! Please be respectful and also pass the word around.

Thank you all. Words fail me!!!!!!!!!

Jim

(I'll be the one growling at you just before I set Sharon on you if you misbehave :)

:love::love::love::love::cheers::rockon:

Ah yes, I remember the pillaging that went on when the old Drakes closed down- bins, small pirates, drink price lists... I legitimately obtained some of the photos that were pinned to the bar, and a broken cymbal that once belonged to Cost of Status, of all people. But any loot I got was freely given by bona fide Drakes staff!

Currently cursing the fact that I have to work tonight until ten. Hopefully it won't be packed to capacity by quarter past and I can get in. How about opening up the secret masonic tunnel under the balcony if the bar gets too busy?

The open mics have been a long-running tradition in Drakes, and an appropriately inclusive way of signing off.

Hopefully be there to drink Drake's Brew one last time in about 3 hours time.

good luck guys.

on behalf of noise pollution i have to say we loved playing there. the atmos was always fucking good, and the banter was great aswell.

we'll miss you sharon! but look on the bright side, u wont have to put with me phoning at inappropriate times now :)

brian fudge shud remember our sets at drakes,i terrorised the bar staff with my flying V......classic stuff.

our AUBL gig there was our first ever gig in aberdeen - i remember it well.....

cheers for the memories boys and girls; dearly dearly missed!!!!!!

hope y'all get something new going before too long!!!

love Noise Pollution

we'll miss you!! xxx