aberdeen-music

Changes to Friday Nights

Flash@TMB

We're in the process of altering the format of the Friday nights. The plan from now on is thus:

1st Friday each month

-------------------------

The Famous Wreckin' Ball with DJ Cee-Jay from 8pm - 1am.

Broad spectrum alt.rock night slanted towards classic rock and metal.

Also incorporating a permier local band between 9pm - 10pm.

Admission Free.

Please note a happy hour preceeds this from 5pm - 8pm so no need to get wrecked at home!

2nd Friday each month

--------------------------

Crashbreaker with DJs Psydoll and Screaming Zombie Hell from 8pm -1am

Broad spectrum alt.rock night slanted towards newer bands, punk, and hardcore.

Also incorporating a premier local band from 9pm - 10pm.

Admission Free.

Please note a happy hour preceeds this from 5pm - 8pm so no need to get wrecked at home!

3rd Friday each month

Supernaut with DJs Jaymz Elizium and Jimsin from 8pm -1am

Broad spectrum alt.rock night slanted towards trad goth, new romantic, electronica, pop, and cheese. Seriously!

This night does not incorporate al band.

Admission Free.

4th Friday each month

Sonic Shake with DJ Johnny Lucifer from 8pm -1am

Broad spectrum alt.rock night slanted towards good old fashoned rock 'n roll.

Also incorporating a premier local band from 9pm - 10pm.

Admission Free.

5th Friday each month (when it occurs approx 4x per year)

The Wreckin' Ball with DJ Cee-Jay from 8pm - 1am.

Broad spectrum alt.rock night slanted towards classic rock and metal.

Also incorporating a permier local band between 9pm - 10pm.

Admission Free.

So that seems like a fairly all encompassing line-up!

NOTE to regular Friday go-ers: Last week we experimented by giving Jimsin and Broken Doll a free reign to do their full on Xenophon thing, which while interesting was not repesentative of our plan for a futurel Friday 3s.

NOTE to everyone. These nights are all broad spectrum affairs, so expect around 60% traditional Friday content at ALL of them.

I didn't really mind the Jimsin/Broken Doll set on friday' date=' 'twas a bit less moorings-esqu but other than the really, really loud volume, it was interesting enough. Also, what does 'Happy Hour' entail in the moorings, i know it must be ace because i can't remember any.[/quote']

Err other than cheap drink? Aaah you're pulling my leg aren't you.

Err other than cheap drink? Aaah you're pulling my leg aren't you.

Aye, but most happy hours in the majority of bars are buy one get one free on specific drinks and what not. What drinks are on the cheap when your happy hours are on? or is it a percentage off of everything behind the bar? I can honestly say, with my hand on my hert, av got nae cloo.

• 2 weeks later...
Aye' date=' but most happy hours in the majority of bars are buy one get one free on specific drinks and what not. What drinks are on the cheap when your happy hours are on? or is it a percentage off of everything behind the bar? I can honestly say, with my hand on my hert, av got nae cloo.[/quote']

It's a percentage of all alcohol and soft drinks. The only exceptions are a couple of the super premium quality drinks that we already sell close to cost price all the time. But pretty much everything else is knock down. This has been going on for 3 years BTW!

So you have discount drinks, then an hour of rock DJ, then a top band, then 3 more hours of rock DJ.

• 2 weeks later...