aberdeen-music

Ginger to be in Brides of destruction??

Skull Commander

Guest tv tanned
I remember :(

Gutted by that I was' date=' I was all geared up to buy tickets. How inconsiderate of Nikki Sixx to win an award for that night ;)

Any chance of it [b']ever being rescheduled?

Yeh, also gutted, I remember bouncing around Hardcore Mel's flat after discovering it was going to take place on my 24th birthday...

I don't think it'll ever happen again though :(

Prove me wrong Ross, prove me wrong...

Pissing shit. Fuck that' date=' Ginger should be writing a new SG5 album, instead of hanging about with a bunch of loser has-beens. [/quote'] Damn right SG5 have been away far too long, tis about time they got back in the studio. Saying that if ginger is gonna be involved in a spot of song writing for brides of destruction theres a very high chance that the second album could be somthing special.

What a joke.

Ginger would rather join a comedy cock rock band as second fiddle guitarist than write, arrange, sing and share guitar duties on a new Wildhearts or SG5 album?

What happened to Gingers views such as -

"I would love that. (to make a new SG5 album) Except that every time we plan on going back into the studio The Wildhearts get another flash of good fortune. And after struggling, in the face of adversity, for so long, we find it difficult to turn down great offers and a chance to make up for lost time. Expect another SG5 album when everything stops going so damn well for The Wildhearts!"

"We start demo-ing the album any day now. The new songs are fucking great!"

So Ginger has been speaking a crock o shit.

To me, this is showing a complete lack of ambition and really pisses me off, as the 'Hearts were just beginning to pick up some new fans and gert some sort of mainstream attention, granted, mainly due to "Cheers" geting universal acclaim on Radio One and Darkness support slots, but there was more exposure last year than the last three years (the last time they were together) put together.

Ginger put out a statement saying he is "in a bad place" and not really very well - Why can't he get through it by turning to his "brothers" in the Wildhearts? I don't see why he has to play second guitar and "help write" with a bunch of has been cock rockers.

This has really pissed me off and makes you realise why the 'Hearts will always be a bunch of under - achievers. They have been a big fave of mine for over ten years and loads of fans have stuck by then through all sorts of shit, but this just a joke.

I hope it all goes spectacularly wrong so a new Wildhearts or SilverGingerFive album can at last be released.

Ginger put out a statement saying he is "in a bad place" and not really very well - Why can't he get through it by turning to his "brothers" in the Wildhearts? I don't see why he has to play second guitar and "help write" with a bunch of has been cock rockers.

It's the chance to work with Scott Sorry! Who could turn down such an oppotrunity?!

What a joke.

Ginger would rather join a comedy cock rock band as second fiddle guitarist than write' date=' arrange, sing and share guitar duties on a new Wildhearts or SG5 album?[/quote']

Totally agree. An SG5 album would be a great start, Ginger's best output IMO. And The WH are always better when Ginger's fucked in head, as sad as that is.

What happened to Gingers views such as -

"I would love that. (to make a new SG5 album) Except that every time we plan on going back into the studio The Wildhearts get another flash of good fortune. And after struggling, in the face of adversity, for so long, we find it difficult to turn down great offers and a chance to make up for lost time. Expect another SG5 album when everything stops going so damn well for The Wildhearts!"

"We start demo-ing the album any day now. The new songs are fucking great!"

So Ginger has been speaking a crock o shit.

Not entirely, the songs are apparently ready to go, he just needs to get a band together in a studio. Plus, when has Ginger NOT been a contrary fucker?! That was always part of The Wildhearts' appeal (other than having better songs than anyone) - their total unpredictability.

To me, this is showing a complete lack of ambition and really pisses me off, as the 'Hearts were just beginning to pick up some new fans and gert some sort of mainstream attention, granted, mainly due to "Cheers" geting universal acclaim on Radio One and Darkness support slots, but there was more exposure last year than the last three years (the last time they were together) put together.

Again, good point. But again, when have The Wildhearts NOT thrown a spanner in their works? They've pissed about for 15 years, I can't see that changing...

To be fair, he has just split with his long term lady friend, mother to his his two kids, and he still has to make money somehow. Brides are simply more lucrative than SG5, unfortunately.

This has really pissed me off and makes you realise why the 'Hearts will always be a bunch of under - achievers. They have been a big fave of mine for over ten years and loads of fans have stuck by then through all sorts of shit, but this just a joke.

I can't see it being anymore than a temporary diversion from WH/SG5 activities to be honest.

Anyone get the solo singles club (another monumental Ginger-related fuck-up!) record released on Monday. I've got most of the singles club stuff anyway, and it does vary in quality, but the previously unavailable tune recorded with Barney Greenway should be a corker.