aberdeen-music

Howards Alias

lava p.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a pretty cool gig, not exactly my thing but the bands were all good at what they done.

Tears od Grace: Not any emotion, move around a bit more, try and get 'into' your music and enjoy yourselfs, if you guys take on constructive crit then i suppose you would go down well to the right audience.

5 Finger Discount: Same again, not my thing, but you guys went down well so you gotta be doing something right...

Didnt stay 4 Howards Alias so cant say nutin.

:band::rockon:

yeh fiveFD had a lot of their friends their which my be a reason why they had a good response maybe...

Tears of Grace- Didn't excite me too much sounded like an evanescence rip off in my small ignorant mind. Only advice I can give is try and find your own sound and it will be good. Nice to see more female singers in rock bands in Aberdeen.

Weeping Jesus-Not my thing but I thought they were god. Strangely catchy...don't really know why.

Five Finger Discount-Much better than their appearance at AUBL all dayer. Have some good songs and singer has a lot of energy in him while performing which is nice to see. Just improve and practice and things will get better and better.

It seems pretty shocking how many of you didn't even stay to see HA.

Why would you stay to see a band that you dont want to see? Mabye some people had busses to get, mabye some people only went to see a one of the support bands. Just because someone is supporting dosnt make them any worse (or better) than the ''headliners''. So why do people feel obligated to stay and see a band they dont like just coz they are 'Headlining'? it makes no sence.

To be fair everyone who stayed for FiveFD stayed for HA. If not then only 1 or two left. Which im glad about. There was good atmosphere at the gig. Yeh but if you haven't heard of them then you should be staying to see/hear what they are like. It's common decency.

Wouldn't you be annoyed that people left without even giving your band a listen?

It seems pretty shocking how many of you didn't even stay to see HA.

Nah, it wasn't too bad actually ('specially compared to last time) and there seemed to be quite a number at the upstairs bit who could've just come down. But what empty-words is saying, what a load o' shite. You get asked to support a band but just leave after playing. That's not cool. Considering they'd come up from Southampton, and many people hadn't even heard them, staying to check them out wasn't going to kill anyone. They were finished by like 10.20, plenty of time for buses.

But there were those who left after their friends band - MISSDAWN, GUILTY! :p

Guest Cowboy Dan
Why would you stay to see a band that you dont want to see? Mabye some people had busses to get' date=' mabye some people only went to see a one of the support bands. Just because someone is supporting dosnt make them any worse (or better) than the ''headliners''. So why do people feel obligated to stay and see a band they dont like just coz they are 'Headlining'? it makes no sence.[/quote']

OMG U R killing teh seen

Id rather get home and sleep in my own bed when i have to get up at 7.00 to go to work rather than sleep on the streets or on someones sofa in town and even if i did do that i still couldnt get back for work. you dont know my reasons for leaving, you dont know my bus time and i dont even like ska music. You probibly dont like some of the bands i listen to and wouldnt go out of you way to see them.

Guest Cowboy Dan
Id rather get home and sleep in my own bed when i have to get up at 7.00 to go to work rather than sleep on the streets or on someones sofa in town and even if i did do that i still couldnt get back for work. you dont know my reasons for leaving' date=' you dont know my bus time and i dont even like ska music. You probibly dont like some of the bands i listen to and wouldnt go out of you way to see them.[/quote']

Oh, i'm so sorry to hear about how tough your life is, to be honest I don't give a shit about your reasons for leaving, my post was strictly tongue-in-cheek, and no I wouldn't go out of my way to see bands you listen to because they're shit.