aberdeen-music

Howards Alias

lava p.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about Teas of Grace and wether or not they are playin???

Hello :) I'm drummist in tears of grace. As far as know we are playing, i got told this yesterday. Not sure how to describe our music, b ut it went down well last Friday at drummonds. Looking forward to our first time playing kef. :rockon:

Btw - i've been listening to some Howard's Alias, and for those of you that don't know - it rocks :band:

They were absolutly fab last night - a totally rocking gig all round. Sold Out as well. Woohoo. You should go check them out tonight if you can. I saw them last time around and they didn't make much of an impression on me, but last night they were on fire. The new stuff sounds stunning, and they're such nice guys as well.

Go see!

Some little bitch was goin about ranting to Richard (leads singer for Weeping Jesus) saying that they sound like metallica and arnt punk.

i wanna set the record straight that although Jesus may not be half assed kiddy little bitch Blink 182 punk, they are punk. Any one who has ever listend to original old skool punk ie. Discharge, Sick of it all, Dead Kennedys will know that. I dont appreciate being told what the music im writing is.

Enjoy Friday night everyone

:cheers::band::cheers:

Guest scott cs.

oooo, controversial!

i'm looking forward to seeing both Weeping Jesus and Tears Of Grace aswell as Howards Alias.

should be a good night, one of the best underground UK bands are playing, you can't afford to miss it.

Can i just ask, how are new bands supposed to get better if they aren't playing any gigs? Sure they can practice all they want but it's quite different when you're actually in a venue playing, and hey, at least they're trying, if they weren't doing this they could be doing stupid things like mugging old ladies and stupid shit like that.

Every band has to start somewhere before they get good, i think alot of people forget that sometimes!(even me)

Oh my gawwd, what a gig! Howards Alias are actually just perfect. :love:

Tears of Grace - well, they almost had me in tears. Pretty boring, unoriginal and little enthusiasm. But saying that, I've seen a lot worse. 3/10

Weeping Jesus - quite enjoyed their set. It was short and sweet and got my head boppin'. Exciting to watch. 7/10

Five Finger Discount - finally saw them. Missed the first couple of songs (hanging with the celebs, y'see) got down for the Blitzkreig Bop cover... I'm not really into covers of popular songs like that but it was done pretty well. The other songs were good too, not as heavy as I was expecting, but put-you-in-a-happy-mood set overall. 7/10

Howards Alias were just awesome. So much energy, power and passion for that little stage. I was in awe throughout the whole set, and by looks of things, so were half of the crowd. The set list was pretty much what I'd have picked, but I wouldn't have minded hearing another 1 or 2 new songs. The crowd separation for 'Rob Wants You Dead' was ace. But nothing compares to Matt coming down to the crowd for 'The End'. Even if there were stupid bints having a loud giggle throughout. Cannot wait to see them again.

And the crowd was bigger and better than last time, yuss (despite only 3 of us going back who'd seen them before)! Off the scale.

I took some photos too.

DSCN0795sma.jpg

DSCN0802_editedsma.jpg

DSCN0791sma.jpg

DSCN0814_editedsma.jpg

There is actually a drummer and bassist too but I don't like to be a pest when snapping.

Guest scott cs.

Five Finger Discount - finally saw them. Missed the first couple of songs (hanging with the celebs' date=' y'see) got down for the Blitzkreig Bop cover... I'm not really into covers of popular songs like that but it was done pretty well. The other songs were good too, not as heavy as I was expecting, but put-you-in-a-happy-mood set overall. 7/10

[/quote']

thank you!

tears of grace - didn't see much of their set. they seemed a bit static & boring on stage (ben - helpful criticism, not an insult, kay?)

weeping jesus - .

five finger discount - mon the discount! the sound was dodgy for the first few songs but waaah, they just keep getting better every time i see them :D

howards alias - i kind of left early, but from what i heard they sounded awesome

was a good night :)