aberdeen-music

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye!!!!!!

Dizzy Storm

Sexy Simon and myself caught the tail end of last night after we finished up. Was a really good send off and did the place justice. It was nice that it all ended on an open mic night, an event that pretty much epitomised the vibe at Drakes.

For the record Dave from Flithpact was served the last ever drink from the bar. A bottle of Smirnoff Black Ice. Told me he would treasure the bottle for ever. Having Michelle behind the bar was also a really nice touch.

It's a crying shame though. So long dear neighbour we'll miss you.

Cough, erm...cough

Just checked out the images. Kinda just made it a bit real............ What a fabulous night and those images, and the rest that may turn up, have captured something very special; the smiles, laughter and the spark that belongs to each and every one of you that turned up over the last, almost three years, and made Drake's what it is and stands for. Sometimes you can be too close to something and not see what you have. I know Sharon and myself have been and are completely overwhelmed by the response and the love.

It's been an amazing journey and I have met so many wonderful people and made many great life friends, I won't even begin to mention the music I have heard. Last night was pure energy and lets hope we an take it out beyond a few walls. All of you that I have served a drink, charged at the door, picked up off the floor, handed guitar leads to, everyone that has crossed the threshold of Drake's I thank and salute you. Drake's has created some of the best moments of my life so far and today I feel like i've split up with some one special. Odd day today but be seeing see you around town and at gigs.

Cheers everybody

(and Flash, my feet are programmed to walk that direction so don't be alarmed if you see a confused bald bloke at the end of you bar drinking copius amount of JD. It'll be me!

All the best everyone and thank you for the laughs, intended or otherwise.

Jim

:cheers:

Just checked out the images. Kinda just made it a bit real............ What a fabulous night and those images' date=' and the rest that may turn up, have captured something very special; the smiles, laughter and the spark that belongs to each and every one of you that turned up over the last, almost three years, and made Drake's what it is and stands for. Sometimes you can be too close to something and not see what you have. I know Sharon and myself have been and are completely overwhelmed by the response and the love.

It's been an amazing journey and I have met so many wonderful people and made many great life friends, I won't even begin to mention the music I have heard. Last night was pure energy and lets hope we an take it out beyond a few walls. All of you that I have served a drink, charged at the door, picked up off the floor, handed guitar leads to, everyone that has crossed the threshold of Drake's I thank and salute you. Drake's has created some of the best moments of my life so far and today I feel like i've split up with some one special. Odd day today but be seeing see you around town and at gigs.

Cheers everybody

(and Flash, my feet are programmed to walk that direction so don't be alarmed if you see a confused bald bloke at the end of you bar drinking copius amount of JD. It'll be me!

Jim

:cheers:[/quote']

ahhh man, i've been so wrapped up setting up the thursday gig i missed this! damn. i looked at the undergroundscene site btw, and people are talking about how much they're going to miss drakes there too! i'm so glad that i got to see it for the little bit that i did...and jim, i'll by you or sharron a drink anytime!

Just checked out the images. Kinda just made it a bit real............ What a fabulous night and those images' date=' and the rest that may turn up, have captured something very special; the smiles, laughter and the spark that belongs to each and every one of you that turned up over the last, almost three years, and made Drake's what it is and stands for. Sometimes you can be too close to something and not see what you have. I know Sharon and myself have been and are completely overwhelmed by the response and the love.

Cheers everybody

Jim

:cheers:[/quote']

In recognition to your services to rock in Aberdeen I've decided to put the Sharon, Michelle, and yourself through our own staff discount scheme on a lifelong basis. I'll bring our barstaff up to speed on this tomorrow.

cheerio Dr Drakes

I couldn't help crying into my drink last night , and even with the added water and salt content I still feel rough as hell ,it was the saddest day I have had for years, but what I'll miss most is Sharon Jim Brian and the numerous other cool bar staff.

I went to Dr Drakes virtually every week since I moved here around 8 years ago and can not thank Sharon enough for being so great at making magical events happen.

THANKS AGAIN YOU WERE THE BEST TEAM IN TOWN

was a great night, pretty emotional but ace all the same!!! we were definately WAY over capacity but what hell, couldnt exactly turn folk away!!!

thankyou all so much for all the kind words, its amazing, and i think jim has done the thankyou's, feelings, and sentiments from us very well - nothing much i can add really....but i do think that there should be a massive big up to all the loyal local promotors (who are now also our good friends) who used drakes and brought sooo much great music to the venue and the city....we were merely just the platform a lot of the time!! im not gonna name anyone for fear of missing someone out (!), but you all know who you are, and i thank you, ive heard some amazing stuff! :love:

we have no new secret venues up our sleeves or anything im afraid, but 'drakes' will be living on in some form - someone has to keep bringing back bands like Feverdream, Mountain Men Anon, Desalvo, Sons of Saturn.....:rolleyes::D

sharon

someone has to keep bringing back bands like Feverdream' date=' Mountain Men Anon, Desalvo, Sons of Saturn.....:rolleyes::D

sharon[/quote']

Oh, how much did we love Sons of Saturn, Sharon? So amazing. Nothing beats French Hardcore.

Anyway, one of the best memories of my whole life lies in Drakes, and so many other amazing memories. It's one of the most painfully upsetting things to happen in a long time.

But as they say, nothing is surer than when you give something life, it will eventually die.

I will never forget that little room.

• 2 years later...

I really really miss the old place, it was a major part of a very good bit in my life...

I suddenly cant remember the last gig I went to...

I need music in my life again, how can a fat old white haired music fan get involved again?

Suggestions on a postcard please...

I really really miss the old place, it was a major part of a very good bit in my life...

I suddenly cant remember the last gig I went to...

I need music in my life again, how can a fat old white haired music fan get involved again?

Suggestions on a postcard please...

Well you could start with our Sunday jam session...