aberdeen-music

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye!!!!!!

Dizzy Storm

I just read this all now.....and I'm in shock. I can only repeat what everyone else has been saying......best venue in town by far, lovely people who made me so welcome every time I've been. Best gigs I've ever seen....nights that will live on in the memory. Most of my friends I've met at Drakes.

Thanks for all you've done, Jim, Sharon and everyone.....I owe you big time.

Guest stuartmaxwell

the legendary dr drakes will have this awesome reputation that will live on for generations

just like drakes and whatever comes next

i am proud that i was a punter and got to grace that stage a few times. now i have less excuses to come up to aberdeen. i always look fwd to going to drakes

i should really sod off out of this thread now :dunce:

gutted is the only word to say

nomad would like to thanks drakes thoroughly, its been a great time for us at drakes before and during the nomad times...

as many people in aberdeen it was the few of us as well that really felt that it was our "home" as it were. it was a brilliabnt testing ground for new ideas, ive always kept to my belief that if a band finally sounds good in drakes they will sound brilliant anywhere. (not anything against the sound techs :)

was looking forward to the abysmalists show in june with a huge blowout but nevermind. i hopethat whatever happens you all go on to keep on inspiring aberdeen by putting on shows that noone else would ever dream of putting on but should.

good luck.

nomad and clive ravensby

x

i think i may die now...

fuck man...drakes is my hometown...so many memories...

the infamous aubl weekender when me and linds worked the doors (and she broke the till *rolls eyes*)

playstation nights

craigs eyes!

my cousins band De Rosa playing and loving it.........what the fuck am i gonna do? and me just gonna start back on the scene too...

*sniff*

I am saddened... we had the honour of being on the bill of the last friday ever in Drakes... the oil industry ruined it for us... Our drummer is gone so alas I can only watch as the curtain falls and not partake in it's beauty.

I had my 18th there (joint with beautiful Ca$ino... only he wasn't 18.... oh, it was beautiful), I played my first gig there.... I have loved there... and I have lost there.

I shall go tomorrow night. I love you Dr... I love you Drakes.

Ah... I can remember many a drunken time leaning over the bar confessing my love for Drakes... So much so I'm sure I must have been annoying as hell! But I always meant it when I said it was my favourite place to go. From djing to getting to yell drunken abuse at my friends on stage, I almost always had a tremendous time. My fondest memories of Aberdeen will always include Drakes.

I don't like this one bit.

The single tear

This is a sorry day. I personally wish everyone all the best and on behalf of myself, chris carroll and my band mates in eric euan I'd like to offer any help we can with whatever new ventures the Dr Drakes crew choose to pursue.

this is one of few venues that would ever put up with my solo acoustic dronings and I feel that without our time spent at Drakes eric euan would not be the band it is today.We owe a lot to you.

I thank you with all my heart for the many years of good times and friendship you have given me.

Good luck xXx

Hello. I'm completely and utterly new here. Joined up yesterday while finding out about the Piney Gir gig. Read the forums and was looking forward to my first visit to Dr Drakes on Friday (today now) only to find out it's closing! :(

Obviously I don't know myself (cause I've never been) but if your posts here are anything to go by then I've been missing out all this time. I kinda feel like I shouldn't turn up tomorrow a) because it'll probably be full! and b) because it sounds like I should leave the last few nights for the people who have actually been going all this time.

I hope the last nights are fantastic and you all enjoy them, even with that bittersweet taste of something great that's ending.

b) because it sounds like I should leave the last few nights for the people who have actually been going all this time.

Dinnae be daft you fiend - the more the merrier ;)

Saddest day on here that I can remember perchance. If it really is the end then good luck and thanks to all the staff, promoters, bands and DJs that made Drakes one of the best places to have a night out at ever.

R.I.P :(