aberdeen-music

Singing Teachers

Afro Droid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My singing teacher is fantastic, I started working with her in 6th year at school, a couple of times a week, and now I see her every second Saturday. Makes a huge difference, not just to the voice itself, but in confidence as well...

I noticed a huge difference after my first few lessons.

I hear the lady at Toms is very good, I would recommend singers, heavy or not, to go along and give it a go, if it aint for you, then it aint for you...

At the end of the day even some of the singers in the heaviest bands have proper singing training, its not just for thsoe who want to sing Mozart or Beethoven. (Although, of course it would be greta for those people as well!)

Try the North East Music school on Huntly Street. Alison Macdonald was my teacher for a term. She's very good at picking out the best parts of your voice and expanding on them. I should go back for another - Im gettin rusty. She's fab! I think it was 30 an hour, but dont quote me on that. Lessons help more than you think, you'd need one to see if it was worth it.

Guest Ancient Mariner

Do most of the teachers mentioned here attempt to train you towards a classical standard of singing? I would prefer if they did, rather than have someone who thinks Robbie Williams has a desirable singing voice.

Do most of the teachers mentioned here attempt to train you towards a classical standard of singing? I would prefer if they did' date=' rather than have someone who thinks Robbie Williams has a desirable singing voice.[/quote']

Not really... Ive had a few singing teachers. In general, the ones who are really worth their salt, are the ones who make use of what you have already. If they feel you have the necessary ability and style to sing the classical styles, then of course they will try, but they will base their focus on what you have and what potential there is in the voice.

Either way you will be introduced to songs and styles which you haven't attempted before, which I always found was great, I discovered a lot of music that way!

No singing teacher should force you or train a voice to sound one way, I have had teachers who have done this. This is useful of you are just going to sing one kind of music your whole life! Otherwise... its very bad for your voice!

Not really... Ive had a few singing teachers. In general' date=' the ones who are really worth their salt, are the ones who make use of what you have already. If they feel you have the necessary ability and style to sing the classical styles, then of course they will try, but they will base their focus on what you have and what potential there is in the voice.

Either way you will be introduced to songs and styles which you haven't attempted before, which I always found was great, I discovered a lot of music that way!

No singing teacher should force you or train a voice to sound one way, I have had teachers who have done this. This is useful of you are just going to sing one kind of music your whole life! Otherwise... its very bad for your voice![/quote']

Dont get Pete Steele to sing Staying Alive by the Beegees :cheers: