aberdeen-music

Bleeding Through & Cult Of Luna + Steriogram + Ian Hunter

Ross

By the way' date=' this isn't a dig at Ross and all his efforts involved, it's the trendoids who go and see "name" bands but weren't seen for fucking dust at any Black Box gigs.[/quote']

Random outbursts again......

I didn't go to any 'Black Box' gigs, i suppose that makes me a trendoid for going to see bands i want to see then. Sorry, i apologise on behalf of all the other folks who want to hear music they like.

Jesus.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that most of the music community in Aberdeen are the biggest bunch of moany fucks I have ever come across.

When I moved here from Glasgow I was so happy to be getting away from all the bullshit which is about at every gig I have ever been to in Glasgow (apart from Senser and J5!).

Its even fucking worse here, you guys and girls live in a small city miles from fucking everywhere, you should be going to see all the bands that make the effort to play here, supporting your local music scene which in turn would maybe convince more bands to come up here but instead you all sit about on the internet bitching about each other.

GET A LIFE!

The people who know me, and actually know me, not just oh theres that guy from the AM website, will know Im not refering to them.

Ok, rant over.

I have to say that most of the music community in Aberdeen are the biggest bunch of moany fucks I have ever come across.

When I moved here from Glasgow I was so happy to be getting away from all the bullshit which is about at every gig I have ever been to in Glasgow (apart from Senser and J5!).

Its even fucking worse here' date=' you guys and girls live in a small city miles from fucking everywhere, you should be going to see all the bands that make the effort to play here, supporting your local music scene which in turn would maybe convince more bands to come up here but instead you all sit about on the internet bitching about each other.

GET A LIFE!

The people who know me, and actually know me, not just oh theres that guy from the AM website, will know Im not refering to them.

Ok, rant over.[/quote']

what?

as opposed to going to glasgow and bitching to people about my minds weapon. not the music. just the opinion of yours that we walk around like we own the place. said to someone in glasgow that really likes our band. thats bitching.

you are right with your post by the way. spot on. i couldnt agree more. i just couldnt hold my silence on a point where i feel you are being a bit hypocritical.

*sigh*

When will people realise the majoity of people who go to gigs in aberdeen dont post on here......

Anyway its the same old story people will not go and see gigs if,

A - They are not promoted enough (which goes for the majority of gigs in aberdeen)

B - The bands dont interest them (again this seems to be the case for most people or they would be there)

and C - Its too expensive

People in Aberdeen will go see gigs if they think its worth their while and its up to everyone, bands venues, promoters, to make them think this. Posting something like "get a life" isnt going to solve anything although i can understand your frustrations with Aberdeen. Now that drakes has closed maybe everyone will get a bit of a boot up the arse so to speak and actually try to make gigs sucessful again instead if expecting it to happen for them and then moaning when it doesnt. You have to get people to come see you dont expect them just to turn up cause its not going to happen i think the closing of drakes has show this (by the way this is not a go in anyway to the people of drakes)

Its even fucking worse here' date=' you guys and girls live in a small city miles from fucking everywhere, you should be going to see all the bands that make the effort to play here, supporting your local music scene which in turn would maybe convince more bands to come up here but instead you all sit about on the internet bitching about each other.

GET A LIFE!

Ok, rant over.[/quote']

I <3 You more than a fat kid loves cake!

what?

as opposed to going to glasgow and bitching to people about my minds weapon. not the music. just the opinion of yours that we walk around like we own the place. said to someone in glasgow that really likes our band. thats bitching.

The views I express are my own, and if someone doesn't like it then well fair enough.

Thats all I do, go to Glasgow and bitch about MMW. Didn't anyone else know about this.

Its not like I would give someone in your band email adresses so they could sort out a gig swap with a band in Glasgow.

People do have ears, they can make up their own minds about things.

Guest Nikola Tesla

GET A LIFE!

Ok, rant over.[/quote']

Someone with sense in aberdeen???

The views I express are my own' date=' and if someone doesn't like it then well fair enough.

Thats all I do, go to Glasgow and bitch about MMW. Didn't anyone else know about this.

Its not like I would give someone in your band email adresses so they could sort out a gig swap with a band in Glasgow.

People do have ears, they can make up their own minds about things.[/quote']

my post wasnt picking a fight man. Simply saying that one mans opinion can be seen as a "bitch" to someone else.

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Meh..

I'll go see the bands I think are worth seeing, the ones that I feel are actually capable of writing a good tune or holding an audience, I've served my time with 'local' gigs and I refuse to stand around and either..

A. Watch some band make a fucking awful racket with out of tune guitars, no songs and the stage presence of an apple.

or

B. Stand in some venue and have my ears raped by bad sound

I'd go and see the likes of The X-Certs, Turning 13, Liber8, We Become Less, The Gloria Flaw, Quik, Festr, Stayover, Reasons are Red, Deadloss and Allergo every night if they were playing, but I'll not leave the comforts of my own home to watch some bands that should quite clearly still be in the practise room.

I refuse to stand around and either..

A. Watch some band make a fucking awful racket with out of tune guitars' date=' no songs and the stage presence of an apple.

or

B. Stand in some venue and have my ears raped by bad sound[/quote']

I thought you went to the Lost/Crashdown gig at the Moorings on Saturday? :p

I'd go and see the likes of The X-Certs' date=' Turning 13, Liber8, We Become Less, The Gloria Flaw, Quik, Festr, Stayover, Reasons are Red, Deadloss and Allergo every night if they were playing, but I'll not leave the comforts of my own home to watch some bands that should quite clearly still be in the practise room.[/quote']

So you sir will be going to the Bleeding Through & Cult Of Luna gig as the mighty Allergo are the opening act :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Random outbursts again......

I didn't go to any 'Black Box' gigs' date=' i suppose that makes me a trendoid for going to see bands i want to see then. Sorry, i apologise on behalf of all the other folks who want to hear music they like.

Jesus.[/quote']

yeah but did you even bother to checkout other bands that used to appear at drakes?

*sigh*

When will people realise the majoity of people who go to gigs in aberdeen dont post on here......

Anyway its the same old story people will not go and see gigs if' date='

A - They are not promoted enough (which goes for the majority of gigs in aberdeen)

B - The bands dont interest them (again this seems to be the case for most people or they would be there)

and C - Its too expensive

People in Aberdeen will go see gigs if they think its worth their while and its up to everyone, bands venues, promoters, to make them think this. Posting something like "get a life" isnt going to solve anything although i can understand your frustrations with Aberdeen. Now that drakes has closed maybe everyone will get a bit of a boot up the arse so to speak and actually try to make gigs sucessful again instead if expecting it to happen for them and then moaning when it doesnt. You have to get people to come see you dont expect them just to turn up cause its not going to happen i think the closing of drakes has show this (by the way this is not a go in anyway to the people of drakes)[/quote']

How many people do you think actually go out and check out these bands that appear in aberdeen? Unless its in kerrang or mtv i really dont think they would

Gents..... the world wide web shows no emotion....... I think that is the problem....

No there's much more to it than that...

Live music eats time and money. This is as true for venues as it is for promoters and struggling musicians. We'd all be significantly better off if we stopped hosting live music. We'd all be massively better off if we sold out to one of those chains that are desperate to expand their mediocrity. Perhaps there's a reason that the few chains that do host original live music charge bands to play?

So why bother? Certainly not to be exposed to some of the vindictive crap posted on this and other threads.

This town already lost one excellent venue, one that was hosting live music virtually every night. It may not have sunk in yet but it is going to be a lot harder for bands to get a gig that it was this time last week. Conceivably that situation could deteriorate much further and much faster than most people can imagine. And let's also take into account that sponsorship from the independent venues contributes to the upkeep of this website.

I don't see any venue (or their friends) posting so called constructive criticism let alone vindictive remarks about the bands that have played there. When someone performs badly we just keep our traps shut.

So the question is this... are the people posting on this website more interested in building the local music scene or demolishing it?

Worst case scenario for the venue owners is that we get our lives back.

Hey but when it's all lying in ruins and there are no stages left to "own", at least certain people will have the satisfaction of having "stood by" their nasty little comments. COOL!

EDIT: Anyhow on that cheerful little thought I'm off to B&Q before the January sales end. I hear they have a good deal on quick dry cement right now, and the fish at the bottom of the harbour are looking hungry. Perhaps Johnny Lucifer would like to go halfies with me.

yeah but did you even bother to checkout other bands that used to appear at drakes?

dude, i'll check out what i want to see and what i can afford to see. yes in an ideal world where money was no object i would go to as many gigs as possible- however some of us have bills to pay!

and i do check out bands in local venues. otherwise i wouldn't be lording the likes of stayover, my minds weapon, broken sunshine etc.

its not all about wots commercially successful- i like a lot of varied stuff, but i'll only go see wot i want to see. i'm not gonna be made to feel guilty because gigs aren't well attended in aberdeen. Ross will vouch for the fact that i'm usually in attendance at most of his gigs at moshulu, as will other venue owners whom i either know in passing or they know me through having put on my band in the past.

The people of aberdeen have the right to pick and choose what they want to see or not, its up to the promoters to guage interest which on many occassions they do well i.e Biffy Clyro at Moshulu and Underoath at Kef, both were really well attended.