Date: Sunday 13th February

Tour Support(s): Cult Of Luna

Local Support(s): Allergo & My MInd's Weapon

Type Of Music: Metal / Noise-core / Prog / Hardcore / Punk

Biog: From www.trustkill.com

Doors: 7.30pm

Ages: Over 14s

Price: 8

Tickets from: www.seetickets.com One Up (01224) 642 662 or in person from The Bassment (excluding Booking Fee)

Steriogram

Date: Sunday 20th February 2005

Tour Support(s): TBA

Local Support(s):Point Of Origin

Type Of Music: Metal / Metalcore / Hardcore / Rock

Biog From www.steriogram.com

Price: 5

Tickets from: www.seetickets.com One Up (01224) 642 662 or in person from The Bassment (excluding Booking Fee)

Ian Hunter & The Rant Band, Special Guest Mick Ralphs

Date: Thursday 19th May 2005

Local Support(s):NA

Type Of Music: Rock/Pop

Biog: Former Mott The Hoople Frontman with Mott guitarist and guitarist for Bad Company Mick Ralphs

Price: 12

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Hunter & The Rant Band' date=' Special Guest Mick Ralphs[/b']

Date: Thursday 19th May 2005

Local Support(s):NA

Type Of Music: Rock/Pop

Biog: Former Mott The Hoople Frontman with Mott guitarist and guitarist for Bad Company Mick Ralphs

Price: 12

IMO the best show Moshulu has put on so far :) Can't wait to see this one...

Ian has been cited as a major inspiration and reference point for numerous bands including the Clash, Kiss, Def Leppard, REM, Motley Crue, Blur and Oasis. Hunter's influence has remained incalculable; accompanied on stage by Ian Astbury of The Cult, Axl Rose and Slash, Roger Daltrey, Meat Loaf and Bryan Adams amongst others (and at their request), there are now over 50 different cover versions of Ian's songs from artists as diverse as Great White, The Presidents of the United States of America, Status Quo, Blue Oyster Cult, Bonnie Tyler, Barry Manilow, The Pointer Sisters, Willie Nelson, Thunder and The Monkees.

Mick Ralphs was the guitarist in Ian's band Mott the Hoople and went on to form 'Bad Company with Free vocalist Paul Rodgers. This is a gig I'm really looking forward to, having seen Ian a few times, he always puts on a great show.

Cheers

Stuart

All you fucks better be going to see Bleeding Through and CoL - if The Bled was half empty, and none of you so-called hardcore/metalcore/metalheads can drag yer scawny arses along to what is BOUND to be a crushing show from two bands with great live reputations, don't be surprised if Ross passes on the next big metal tours doing the rounds....

You'll only have yourselves to blame......

Well' date=' if you're not bothered about promoters in Aberdeen catering for more extreme tastes, then by all means, sit at home listening to the CDs of all the great bands that will. Never. Come. To. Aberdeen. And it'll be your fault......

I'm sooooo upset.[/quote']

I have said before i have alot of respect for Ross as he is getting bands like bleeding through up here its just a shame i don't like them or cult of luna.

who knows he may bring a band up thats crazy to even please my tastes

Im with Medichi here, christ its a step in the right direction and its hardly breaking the bank to go and see. For all the distance you have to travel you never know you might like them live, sometimes thats what it takes to really get into a band.

At least by going your supporting Ross and you can always bend his ear in person about getting Heavier bands to play, you dont really have a leg to stand on if you dont attend gigs he puts on , he has to build on the crowds that do turn up rather than the one's who might.

Here why dont you turn up specially so you can join me and my merry band of men ( but could be women :) ) in petitioning Ross to get Napalm Death back to Aberdeen, they have a new album coming out dont you know :up:

illl be at bleeding through without a second fucking thought of a fucking doubt...... got my ticket on wall.... aww it looks so sweet..... cost me fucking 9 quid though...

Ohmigod! Less than the price of most albums in their first week of release and you're getting to see four bands who could all headline various Aberdeen venues and pull a decent crowd! Demand a refund!

Well' date=' if you're not bothered about promoters in Aberdeen catering for more extreme tastes, then by all means, sit at home listening to the CDs of all the great bands that will. Never. Come. To. Aberdeen. And it'll be your fault......

I'm sooooo upset.[/quote']kinda like how all these hardcore/metalheads didnt come along to any ace underground hxc gigs at drakes unless MMW were supporting. the consequences.

drakes is closing.

I blame you all.

kinda like how all these hardcore/metalheads didnt come along to any ace underground hxc gigs at drakes unless MMW were supporting. the consequences.

drakes is closing.

I blame you all.

If the people wanted to go to the gigs of the bands they would go. The problem with Drakes was the lack of marketing and promotion for the bands that played there. It's sad to see it go, but most people will not go to see gigs of bands they've never heard of, fact of life.

Cheers

Stuart

People won't go and see bands.. in general, that they don't like, or are unsure of. I agree, that you won't discover a band unless you go out looking for one, but, particualrly in the case of heavier bands, it is harder for people to take that kind of chance, regardless of how much it is to attend...

But that really is no mark on Ross, he is doing great work, and I, and most people on here, appreciate the work he is doing in bringing up a range of acts... Of course. But as jester put it, you ain't going to change a fact of life.

Im with Medichi here' date=' christ its a step in the right direction and its hardly breaking the bank to go and see. For all the distance you have to travel you never know you might like them live, sometimes thats what it takes to really get into a band.

[/quote']

Im sure you go and see bands that you've heard and dont like :nono:

Dechristianise is clearly in the right.

Im sure you go and see bands that you've heard and dont like :nono:

Dechristianise is clearly in the right.

I do actually Biffy Clyro being a case in point, i've seen them 3 times and i just dont get it, i might go again just because it's ex Will Haven supporting this time round.

Idlewild on Friday, im not a fan but there playing near me ( forres ) so im going to see what the fuss is about.

Its a night out, some you win some you lose, i regularly went through to gigs at Drakes just to see bands that i'd never heard on recomendation of Dave Rowlands. Some bands were good some were not, its a night out. :D

I do understand what your saying thou Camie :D