aberdeen-music

Honours Exams

Queen Kong

Does anyone know how much I need to write/study (provided all the material is relevant and good quality) to get a 2.1?

I don't want to do any more work than necessary' date=' but I want to get a 2.1.[/quote']

That's nae the attitude! :p

By the by are The Rebel Jellybeans still a band? I meant to ask you in Exodus last night/when you asked about my t-shirt but I ended up a little bit worse for wear and you know how you cross the line from being an inquisitive Exodus-goer into a can'tmakeyourselfunderstood Dangerfields fan :D

I suppose it all depends on how clever you are, and how much work you've done in the past 3 1/2 years.

I worked my ass off for about 6 weeks before my exams - by that I mean about 8-10 hours of study a day, most days, but i'd not done an awful lot prior to that because I was so busy with my dissertation. I got a high 2.1 and a 250 prize. That worked for me anyway. But seriously, I think it's different for everyone. I'm sure people did a lot less and got a 2.1 as well.

Guest tv tanned
no need to be a pedant mr tanned' date=' i thought we had you had cut down on your pessimistic/cynical/pedantic posting

you know what i meant by that[/quote']

sorry, but it is traditional for new year's resolutions to falter after only a couple of weeks...

Guest tv tanned
I'm sure people did a lot less and got a 2.1 as well.

Guilty as charged.

I was waiting for someone to stand up at my graduation ceremony and shout FRAUD!!! when I went up onstage...

Hmmm...I've been to all my seminars, done most of the reading and written 2 and a half essays. I have to answer 3 out of 8 questions from a choice of 6 topics.

I haven't done much work cos I'm lazy...

The Jellybeans do still exist, but we won't be playing gigs for a long time. Maybe September? Haha. I didn't realise that was you in the Dangerfields t shirt. Oops

I did fuck all work' date=' didn't go to half the lectures, did the entire 4 year honours in a year and still got a 2:2 - they must give degrees to anyone these days.[/quote']

They do. I'm on my way to getting a second degree, and I've been even lazier this time round than I was last time. I do fuck all until a few days before the exam, whereas last time round I at least did SOME work during term time.

University is a waste of time. You don't learn stuff, you just learn to pass exams with the minimal effort. And if Tony Blair's vision of everyone going to uni comes true, what good will a degree actually be? When it comes down to hiring people, employers will increasingly have to differentiate between people by WHERE they got their degree, since everyone'll have one.

In a few years time you'll need a degree to clean toilets. Possibly.

Rant over.