aberdeen-music

Forbidden!!

Dizzy Storm

neil, i keep on getting this message...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/forumdisplay.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.28 Server at www.aberdeen-music.com Port 80

...when i try to send emails to members, private messages, even when i just try to go from post to post, forum to forum...

sometimes i can retrieve page by doing ctrl + F5 but not always

any advice?!

sharon

The reason you are encountering this error message is because you are still accessing parts of the old, closed web site. The old web site was switched off permanently a couple of days ago hence why this new error message is getting displayed rather than the "web site is closed" page.

Unfortunately, I can't do much about this problem as the reason you are experiencing it is because your ISP has is still using the old DNS records for aberdeen-music.com and not the updated ones. This problem should disappear eventually but why it is taking so long for some ISPs I have no idea. I guess they simply don't update their DNS records as often as other people.

What I do know is that this problem only affects a small minority of people and so far I've identified that students at Strathclyde University as well as those that use Zen as their ISP are having this problem.

Originally posted by Charlotte:

Glasgow Uni as well - it's crap. Can you not set up an alternative splash page or something? I can access .co.uk but I can't open any of the links. This is pish!

Well, looking at the recent visitors to the web site there are definitely Glasgow Uni students getting onto the web site okay.

You still have a DNS issue and there is nothing I can do about it. Your University have still to update their DNS records for aberdeen-music.com and so you will still access the old web site.

I can't put up a splash page as the old web site is completely closed down now.