aberdeen-music

Blink 182 - Worst Band Ever.

Invisible Lead Soup

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by phoenix1989uk:

I think Feeling This is a great song, true, it's not the best song on the album, i would say either "I Miss You", "I'm Lost Without You" and "Stockholm Syndrome" are.

Everyone's jumping on the Stockholm Syndrome bandwagon - Muse track, Blink 182 track, Yo La Tengo track, Backyard Babies album... :dunce:

Guest Scott 5FD
Originally posted by Tav:

They make crap music?

define crap music.

maybe it's having 'frantic-tic-tic-tic-tock' as a chorus, who knows?

one man's rubbish...

Well some music is just weak isn't it? Doesn't have anything to make you want to listen but then again some people like that. I haven't read a lot of the other posts so I don't know if this has been said before but I do think Blink's earlier albums are better than the current offering. A more mature direction? Blink aren't mature! The whole appeal of the band was their tounge n cheek/imature humour and simple poppy riffs. The songs I have heard off the new album were not impressive and not what I would think of Blink as doing.

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by Bitterman:

Discuss.

:laughing:

I actually thought they were a comedy band, I was quite surprised, on becoming a member here, that people took them seriously!

Blink 182 are the kind of band you listen to when your 13. They sing about things that you find funny when your 13. They wrote some very catchy songs a few years ago but when they turned all serious it just ruined every thread of appeal their music had. If your a joke band don't try and go all serious and emo, it just makes you sound awful and boring.

I watched Blink 182 vs Green Day today on MTV2 and it totally cheered me up. And that's what I love about Blink, any album can pick me up to a happy mood. I can watch the DVDs over and over without getting sick of them. :D They've made it huge after all their hard work, so they deserve it. Any band does, regardless of how shit or amazing they are. And it's pretty obvious they don't get upset by those who don't like them. They have all they need now (I think I'm gonna buy Travis' house in later life!) The new album is proabably my least favourite, but it's different and shows they're not worried about maturing. So yeah, long live Blink.

Originally posted by *Amy*:

I watched Blink 182 vs Green Day today on MTV2 and it totally cheered me up. And that's what I love about Blink, any album can pick me up to a happy mood. I can watch the DVDs over and over without getting sick of them. :D They've made it huge after all their hard work, so they deserve it. Any band does, regardless of how shit or amazing they are. And it's pretty obvious they don't get upset by those who don't like them. They have all they need now (I think I'm gonna buy Travis' house in later life!) The new album is proabably my least favourite, but it's different and shows they're not worried about maturing. So yeah, long live Blink.

well said. and i agree on the cd thing about any of the cd's make you happy.

I've never really liked blink (understatement) but i can see why alot of people do like them! What i thought was weird was that their new stuff is much more what i would listen to, but i still dont like them. Their deffinitly not the worst band in the world though.. i can think of some worse... some! Hee hee!

xxx

*eats ben*

i personally dont think much of the new album

but the other ones i like muchly

seen them twice

they're not the worst band. nope nope. quite clearly not. if they were they wouldnt have sold any records or sold out and shows...

but then an opinion is just an opinion

and in my opinion all your opinions suck

Guest Old Bonsie

Yeah true Blink 182 are shit but Nickelback makes them look like the Velvet Underground... Toploader makes Nickelback sound like Joy Divison - so the real worst ever band are Toploader who I hear are to make a comeback. God help us all!