aberdeen-music

Blink 182 - Worst Band Ever.

Invisible Lead Soup

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally love them, fair enough i got into them through 'all the small things', but i cherish my copy of 'cheshire cat' more than i cherish my copy of 'enema'. their new album is really good - the instrumental side of the new single is good, i just thing the opening verse is horrible..as are all verses thereafter. the bridge thing that isn't quite the chorus is good though.

love the, but each to their own, obviously they're not going to be everyone's cup of tea, i mean, name a band who are...

i think blink are a great catchy pop punk band and have been making great songs for a long time. Yes their new album is awesome and there is no joke songs on it but when they do joke around it isn't that a good sign showing us that even though they've been doing it for this long a time , they are still having fun with it? I am actually quite a big fan of the new single and wouldn't say it was the worst song on the album. Can i ask to the people who hate it, what is it that is so bad with the song??

ok, personally, I luv blink, they're my favourite band, even if they are pop/punk, theres nothin wrong with that. They're a gd band at least and they're really popular. I think Feeling This is a great song, true, it's not the best song on the album, i would say either "I Miss You", "I'm Lost Without You" and "Stockholm Syndrome" are. That's just my opinion though. Plus, for all of you that think blink are just some stupid band that made it this far because of their jokes, Your wrong. They made it this far with good songs and being able to reach out to all ppl. They're not all jokes, look at Adam's Song (about Suicide), Stay Together For The Kids (about Divorce) and some other stuff that's really serious. The joke songs are really good too though but i appreciate the serious ones over say, Fuck A Dog (which is still a classic :D:D)

Originally posted by CraigDDG:

I must admit that they chose the worst song on the album for the single.

Originally posted by Suzie:

ok they probably picked the worst song off the album.....

Now now - ther's Fallen Interlude (sounds like a moby track) and I miss you which are both very pants......

Originally posted by Monk Rocker:

I was being serious. If you asked me to take the Pepsi challenge with Busted and Blink 182, I'd probably get it wrong.

Listen To New Blink Album And I Might Take That 'Statement' More Seriously

Yea lets all have a dig at blink cos they're sellouts/poppy/crap/dont act their age whatever.....

The truth is that they are the pinnacle of their genre at the moment and after hearing earlier live performances and seeing them in the summer, then hearing their new album its very obvious how much they have grown up as band members/people and songwriters.

used to be a huge fan but the only way that i can think that im not now is because i grew out of them and my music taste has changed.simple as.they aint the worst band in the world.

Tristen - she was having a dig (a good and fair one) at people who always hate what is popular.

KiKiTheDonnanster - If you say something like that again, I may be forced to shove something large up your arse. And hopefully see it come out your mouth. Then, I'll cover you in petrol, and set you on fire. In your last few moments of life, I'll play Insomniac at you.

Andrew: Ah do not worry. I wasn't agreeing with Amy, just trying to tell Tristen what she was digging at.

IMHO I don't think any band is any better or worse than any other. Just down to personal opinion. I like a large variety of music, and don't give a crap what other people think of my taste :)

*puts on Good Charlotte....and Talking Heads...*

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Craig:

IMHO I don't think any band is any better or worse than any other. Just down to personal opinion.

I disagree, you do get worse bands. It can be for a variety of reasons. Perhaps lack of technical ability? Poor recordings? Poor live shows? They make crap music?