aberdeen-music

Gavfest 2005

luscious vicar

A new year and a new Gavfest. I'v decided to start planning this one a bit earlier than i did last year. I feel really lucky that Gavfest 2004 went so smoothly but i think that was mostly down to the fact that it was good people, good weather and great music. ALthough i hope this ones gonna be even better.

Some of the band spaces have already been filled but i would like to get some new acts so if anyone is interested in possibly playing at Gavfest 2005, e-mail me at valentine_bitch@warpmail.net and i'l give you the address you can send your demo's to. Any style of music considered.

If you would like to go to Gavfest 2005 please email gavfest@hotmail.com (put GAVFEST in the subject line) and we'll put your name on a mailing list and fill you in on any details as they come up(as of yet i have absolutely no details, not even sure when its gonna be).

Thanks

Gav

correct me if im wrong' date=' but its a local allday show played by local bands, dedalus, pollitick and others played last year[/quote']

its held at the mill of uras, which is 10 minutes-ish away from stonehaven. Dedalus and Politik did indeed play at the inaugral event last year, as did Masamune, Hooker's Green #1, Gasbags, Popcorn Fiend etc... It was a time.

oh and to let everyone know the root home from mill of uras to stonehaven is perfectly safe to walk home by yourself... two of us did it in separate ways...

what? there's only 1 way to stonehaven. you walk straight along the road from mill of uras and you can't miss it.

I missed it last year after being on call so hopefully I can make it this year.

why cant we expand?

why can't it be spread over two or three days or drunkeness?

why can't there be more than one stage?

why can't we have a cell where steven dedalus and other drunks get locked up in later on in the night?

can i be official festival security this year? last year i did the job for free, you should thank me, then pay me.

and get me that mallet back, otherwise i have no authority.

why cant we expand?

why can't it be spread over two or three days or drunkeness?

why can't there be more than one stage?

why can't we have a cell where steven dedalus and other drunks get locked up in later on in the night?

can i be official festival security this year? last year i did the job for free' date=' you should thank me, then pay me.

and get me that mallet back, otherwise i have no authority.[/quote']

I'll get you timmy mallet, oh he'll change you alright, he'll change you into something better. A superhero, probably.

I'll get you timmy mallet' date=' oh he'll change you alright, he'll change you into something better. A superhero, probably.[/quote']

Gav has confirmed that timmy mallet has been booked for gavfest05.....timmy turned down the chance at a covented appearance at jumping jacks just for this....so be grateful....

Popcorn Fiend would play again... and be more prepared than last year!

Ie not writing songs backstage for his gig as the other bands play... it'd be great!

PS If you don't let me play, I'll sue for my headphones being wrecked anyway! And for those gits who jumped on my tent! Without me playing, Gavfest 05 will never be solvent! Ha!

PPS I'm not being nasty though, let me play because I'm a bosom child of the apocalypse. Seriously.