• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell
sniff sniff

smell shite :rolleyes:

huh?

i really do like that song "find me" its melodic, its not trying to be something it isnt. well written song

i prefer their older stuff to the harder stuff

its shame that absolutely everyone in the aberdeen area knows or has heard of the name 'my minds weapon' or seen the 'weapon' t-shirts or whatever... cause they're all right' date=' its just they are really over hyped.[/quote']

It really makes me laugh when someone comes the "over hyped" bollox, alyssa's wish used to get the same shite.....

You kids buy albums that have had thousands and thousands of pounds spent on their promotion....and some tiddly fart local band get a couple of mentions on a local fuckin message board ant they are "over hyped"

Fuck Off!!

It really makes me laugh when someone comes the "over hyped" bollox' date=' alyssa's wish used to get the same shite.....

You kids buy albums that have had thousands and thousands of pounds spent on their promotion....and some tiddly fart local band get a couple of mentions on a local fuckin message board ant they are "over hyped"

Fuck Off!![/quote']

Stayover are hyped to fuck in my living room, this is why kids in LA won't give us a listen. It's a dying shame, because we're going to be the best band in the world.

It really makes me laugh when someone comes the "over hyped" bollox' date=' alyssa's wish used to get the same shite.....

Fuck Off!![/quote']

Yes but bands can still be over hyped in Aberdeen, its just a matter of context. The thousands of pounds of promotion, relates to a mass audience of millions, the Aberdeen version is a few hundred (the majority of whom, probably use these message boards...) So in context, it is possible to be over hyped... just in a much smaller scale.

I think the tracks are good. There are bts which don't really do it for me, but overall, decent tracks... Certainly of a higher standard than a lot of local recordings, for whatever reason.

Yes but bands can still be over hyped in Aberdeen' date=' its just a matter of context. The thousands of pounds of promotion, relates to a mass audience of millions, the Aberdeen version is a few hundred (the majority of whom, probably use these message boards...) So in context, it is possible to be over hyped... just in a much smaller scale.

[/quote']

Im sorry but I disagree. A band posting a link to an mp3 and a few locals making comment (posative and negative) is not hype (over or otherwise) there is no point in a band going to the bother of recording something and keeping it a secret.

Im sorry but I disagree. A band posting a link to an mp3 and a few locals making comment (posative and negative) is not hype (over or otherwise) there is no point in a band going to the bother of recording something and keeping it a secret.

'A band posting a link to an mp3 and a few locals making comment (posative and negative) is not hype'

please explain yourself

cause im pretty sure thats a good example of local hype

Not really Dead_Fashion... And you have no need to be sorry GraemeC, you're voicing an opinion.

I wasn't talking about this thread, this isn't hype, this is just a band looking for some comments/feedback on their own music. And good for them, its what I would do with recordings my bands makes. I was just menaing 'hype' in general... It can be relevant in all kinds of situations. But, if a band has got themselves in a position where people are buying tickets to see them on a regular basis, and people are wearing their T-Shirts, or travelling to see them play, or downloading their MP3's or whatever, then good for them... Cause you don't get much better promotion than that! That's not a bad thing... sure it might get a little annoying to some folk, but there's no harm in the band doing it.

You are right, Im taking this far too seriously! hehe... *stops* :up:

Guest stuartmaxwell

overhyping is the way to go, piss off your local scene and rarely play there again.

which means you avoid all of the shit that flys about and it means you end of playing out of town more and concentrate on making music rather than thinking about impressing the scene

ok let me explain it then if you both dont know... you release a link to music which your about to sell in the near future... surely that gets people excited about the end product.

anyway this is a level argument, its not like i hate the guy... dont really understand why johnny mac posted that comment.

all is true though paul mmw havnt really been spoken about... maybe their just good at hype... either that or im 'banging into' just the right people...

edit:i have to have the worst grammar on the planet.

ahh... another thread that's lost it's way

it started off well

comments were made

little reviews and suchlike

and then *pow*

it all went wrong

shame.

so... um... steering it back in the other direction

I listened to the track yesterday on my dodgy laptop speakers

enjoyed the heavyness and the drumming especially

but i'll have to listen to it on something better to full appreciate everything

cos the speakers on my laptop could make an angel sound like craig david...

so it's not the best thing to use

anyway

keep up the good work MMW

and the rest of you guys

calm down

shhhhh...

I posted that comment as every thread on MMw turns into a 300 page debate about how shit/good they are.

Ah well' date=' better they are talked about than not.

[/quote']

MMW are just seem to be one of those bands that everyone seems to have a strong opinion of, one way or the other.

Rico is right, this thread was about the songs posted on purevolume... I wasn't so keen on the drumming I have to say, at places it didn't sound very fluent, but thats very nit picky. The guitars are well worked, and vocals were sounding good. In general though, not really my taste in listening, but certianly nowhere near painful on my ears!

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

I wasn't so keen on the drumming I have to say' date=' at places it didn't sound very fluent, but thats very nit picky. [/quote']

*Chokes on his cereal*

overhyping is the way to go' date=' piss off your local scene and rarely play there again.

which means you avoid all of the shit that flys about and it means you end of playing out of town more and concentrate on making music rather than thinking about impressing the scene[/quote']

Or you become Clocker.

PS For those asking "Who?", you've confirmed my point! Hurrah!