aberdeen-music

New My Mind's Weapon MP3...

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

Hey..

I've just thrown 'The Forgotten' up on Purevolume, if you'd like a listen.

We'll be selling the new 3 track CD, 'Kill...My Mind's Weapon', for 2 at shows or by request, or you'll get it for free if you buy 'This is Revenge', on Fat Hippy Records, from now on for a fiver. Should be ready to sell within a fortnight, I'll throw a few copies into one-up and have a word with Fopp. Um, yeah, enjoy..

Jamesy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman

Wow...

Putting aside the usual, "not my thing" etc... good music is good music right?

I am well impressed, so much to take in with one listen, phew. Is it just me or is there a slight prog/psychedelic influence for this one?

As for the playing/singing, two words... sheer musicality!

:)

nice. real nice. the only thing I didn't like about it was the lead guitar work in the second quarter of the song and just before the heavy stuff kicks in around 2:40 But that's just me, I was never a fan of maiden and that stuff reminds me of them.

The rest of it was ace. good work guys.

i duno im totally disagreeing here... thought the palm muting sounded terrible some good parts in the songs... im not sure if bens vocals are really that strong enough for this band for these songs... when backed up i thought it sounded pretty solid... and there were some nice bits but the usual quiet emo bit was a bit rubbish simply because theres too much guitar... i think it would sound way better playing along witht he drums rather constant strumming just a thought...

but ok it was ok..

hmmm definitely not my kiond of thing, liked bits of the tune but it didn;t seem to flow for me evry well, but thats a personal thing, the thing i really didn't like was the vocals, really didn't thing they were strong.

A step in the right dorection, some interesting sounds, liked the guitar work but couldn't get over the vocals sounding lower quality than the rest of the band. There's potential undoubtedly ehere they go next and what choices they make will certainly make for interesting reading.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Zeenat Aman
hmmm definitely not my kiond of thing' date=' liked bits of the tune but it didn;t seem to flow for me evry well, but thats a personal thing, the thing i really didn't like was the vocals, really didn't thing they were strong.

A step in the right dorection, some interesting sounds, liked the guitar work but couldn't get over the vocals sounding lower quality than the rest of the band. There's potential undoubtedly ehere they go next and what choices they make will certainly make for interesting reading.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Hmmm, I like the different contrasts with the vocals, there's llike four different voice approaches within one track! The raw lead, harmonies, shouting, and the more trad singing.

I am clueless about what bands have influenced this stuff, so I'm just taking the song for what it is... a well written rock song!

:)

I thought i was listening to a Korn cover off Untouchables at first. Definately not my cup of tea. The breakdown is so obviously expected, the vocals could be a lot stronger, and i fail to see much differentiation between this song and any other one by bands doing the same thing as my minds weapon are doing

In a nutshell: :sleeping:

Hmmm' date=' I like the different contrasts with the vocals, there's llike four different voice approaches within one track! The raw lead, harmonies, shouting, and the more trad singing.

I am clueless about what bands have influenced this stuff, so I'm just taking the song for what it is... a well written rock song!

:)[/quote']

Thats part of why i don;t like it, too many mixed styles not enough cohesion to my ears. Likewise I know nothing about the genre or any of the other bands they may be accused of being similar to, i'm taking it on the same level you are as a band doing what they do, I just don't like what they do. Then again thats whatt makes things interesting people liking different things :)

Cheers

Stuart

Guest valley69

id heard that my mind weapon were shit. Judging by this such rumours are not true. The drumming and synth work are good in the first song. The singing isnt too bad but is defo better toward the end whre it goes kinda reverby. I totally love this style of music, its like emo metal or sumthing. In parts the singing isnt great..Screaming is a lot better in the second song but i wuld say that the screaming in the first song isnt good. Good all round guitar work though. I like it...where were the tracks recorded?