aberdeen-music

Comedies you HATE

Guest JockeySnogger

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny I always loved it once Neil Stuke joined, though Ben Chaplin was too annoying in it. And it did have one great line I can still remember, as Matthew sat armas folded, manic stare on his face and finally said "Claire's bedroom was FESTOONED with jissum last night..after our shag fest."

But generally I think the same sort of concepts have been done much better since then in other shows.

there are more women on earth than men

Actually, women make up 49% of the population

3 non blondes has to be worse than the green wing. Dad's army is great, and what was that sitcom where they had black neighbors? very racist i seem to remember, but it was funny what you used to be able to get off with in british comedy, especially the classic Fawlty Towers episode

the simpsons' date=' i cant even understand why anyone would hate it. its totally great. and totally funny...

south park isnt that bad... its got some really good episodes... then it went all wierd with the later series...

whats that 'comedy' with the fat sleese dirty man with the string vest... that was so crap.[/quote']

Simpsons is the greatest cartoon ever created. South park has some great moments and the other 1 u mean i can't remember what it's called was pretty crap. (the royal family or something)

YTOu mean Love Thy Neighbour, it was on 100 Greatest TV MOments From Hell. Til Death and In Sickness always escpae criticism because they were trying to ridicule bigotry. I actually think although their intentions were honourable, Til Death and In Sickness actually just encouraged it as the laughs always derived from Alf insulting a "nig nog" or whatever. Love Thy Neighbour at least laughed AT the lead character rather than with him.

So how does Billy Connolly rate with us all after recent events?

YTOu mean Love Thy Neighbour' date=' it was on 100 Greatest TV MOments From Hell. Til Death and In Sickness always escpae criticism because they were trying to ridicule bigotry. I actually think although their intentions were honourable, Til Death and In Sickness actually just encouraged it as the laughs always derived from Alf insulting a "nig nog" or whatever. Love Thy Neighbour at least laughed AT the lead character rather than with him.

So how does Billy Connolly rate with us all after recent events?[/quote']

I still think Billy is funny, but he should have thought about what he said more carefully. It's pretty poor to wish death on someone.

What did Billy Connolly do anyways?

Scared the living shite out of people who up 'till then thought Bernard Manning and Rod Hull were the cutting edge of comedy. Check the uproar surrounding his 'Crucifiction' routine.

And 'Game On' was as funny as piles - characters you prayed would fall victim to a travelling axe-murderer. With a blunt axe.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
"Friends". I mean' date=' come on. Over-rated shite for dimwits. Shame the amount of humour demonstrated in this show wasn't as big as their pay packets.

"Sex and the City" has all the sexual sophistication of a rotting walrus corpse. That'll give the feminists something to gripe about.

You! Get your knickers on and make me a cup o' tea.[/quote']

Out of sociological interest, I watched Sex and the Shitty one night, and after five minutes of listening to that horse I wanted to vomit black blood. There's a reason why you're pushing 40 and still single, you stupid bastard bitch. Try looking beyond the end of your grotesquely over-sized schnozz, realise there's more to life than your fucking shoe collection and kid-on neurosis and you might realise why no bloke wants a bar of you. It's because you're a materialistic, repugnant little shite-hawk. Enjoy your Rampant Rabbit, it's the closest you'll fucking get.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
He went on a rant when the press wouldn't leave him alone at an airport' date=' and wished for that british hostage(who's name escapes me) to be execucted, who less than a week later was beheaded.[/quote']

That'll be Ken Bigley, mate. Folk have turned against Connolly now, thank fuck. What an over-rated, unfunny cunt.

Out of sociological interest' date=' I watched Sex and the Shitty one night, and after five minutes of listening to that horse I wanted to vomit black blood. There's a reason why you're pushing 40 and still single, you stupid bastard bitch. Try looking beyond the end of your grotesquely over-sized schnozz, realise there's more to life than your fucking shoe collection and kid-on neurosis and you might realise why no bloke wants a bar of you. It's because you're a materialistic, repugnant little shite-hawk. Enjoy your Rampant Rabbit, it's the closest you'll fucking get.[/quote']

Take deep breaths Jake, she was only acting!