aberdeen-music

Charlie from Busted

Pete

I honestly wouldn't. If you really love music' date=' then to join a band like busted would be betraying yourself. Charlie has sacrificed his right to be taken seriously as an artist the moment he joined busted. Would you take an artist who done nowt apart from painting by numbers seriously???

Even if that artist then went on to make a great piece, chances are that he would already have been disowned by serious art lovers.[/quote']

oh my god youve done it twice!!!!

" If you really love music, then to join a band like busted would be betraying yourself" What the fuck does that mean!!!! How do you know he didnt LOVE pop music before he joined busted?? Please stop you are speaking the biggest pile of horse shit i have read for ages

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes' date=' I will judge a band by what band merchandise they wear in magazines. for this is the proper thing to do.[/quote']

A process that hs served me well in avoiding Filthpacts dirge. But replace "magazines" with "the cardboard boxes in which they sleep". :bat:

Kidding. Don't knife me.....

Guest haigyman
You all get on at him for being in busted....but how many of you can honestly say that if you were offered millions to be in a shitty boy band you wouldnt take it? i fucking would...and i would laugh all the way home to my mansion.......

aaargh, i fucking WISH someone would give me the chance to turn down such an opportunity AND the chance to prove that winning the lottery would be the best fucking thing ever and wouldn't change me.

Just listened to it and its shite, but no more shite than a lot of bands that will never get the same abuse as this lot. Its a cross between a rock ballad radio song and all the poppiest emo bandwagon jumping bands of the last couple of years. Seems forced, but again, so many bands do.

" If you really love music' date=' then to join a band like busted would be betraying yourself" What the fuck does that mean!!!! How do you know he didnt LOVE pop music before he joined busted?? Please stop you are speaking the biggest pile of horse shit i have read for ages[/quote']

Think about it though, you've been playing in honest local bands for years... and suddenly you're dropped into a milti-million, backed-by-major-label, rock-exploiting, trendy, fad band that don't play instruments live, rarely sing live and are a general farse as far as 'live/real music' goes. Then you come back to local bands; think you'd still be as credible/respected and taken as seriously as you were before?

maby but what people hae got to remember is this guy has done nothing wrong he was gien a chance he jumped it, i dont know why people dig busted more than; westlife, s club 7 etc after all i think im right in saying they right their own music, that more than we can say about the aboe, as milner says just because they're catagorised pop doesent mean people should take shots at them, some; all american reject songs are justas poppy and they get splashed on kerrangs frontpage

Think about it though' date=' you've been playing in honest local bands for years... and suddenly you're dropped into a milti-million, backed-by-major-label, rock-exploiting, trendy, fad band that don't play instruments live, rarely sing live and are a general farse as far as 'live/real music' goes. Then you come back to local bands; think you'd still be as credible/respected and taken as seriously as you were before?[/quote']

Why not? I Why should people think they are so much better than him just because he has done pop music. i dont see Busted as a farse or a rock exploiting band at alll, i see them as a very very pop punk band and they are a band, they write and perform their own songs on the albums, fair enough they may not perform live all the time, (they do do it ive heard them and they are quite good) but this is most likely down to the lable or even the show they are on (after speaking to rooster about this i found out a lot)..

At the end of the day Busted WERE a hard working honest band until they got signed thats what people seem to forget, so why now since they have made money and became sucessful should their memebers be embaressed of the fact they are in it??

maby but what people hae got to remember is this guy has done nothing wrong he was gien a chance he jumped it' date=' i dont know why people dig busted more than; westlife, s club 7 etc after all i think im right in saying they right their own music, that more than we can say about the aboe, as milner says just because they're catagorised pop doesent mean people should take shots at them, some; all american reject songs are justas poppy and they get splashed on kerrangs frontpage[/quote']

I would say A.A.R are more popy than Busted doesnt make them a shit band at all and as u say they are hailed as the new pop punk heros, hellogoodbye another band FAR more popy than Busted yet they dont get slated (although they should they are really shit)

" If you really love music' date=' then to join a band like busted would be betraying yourself" What the fuck does that mean!!!! How do you know he didnt LOVE pop music before he joined busted?? Please stop you are speaking the biggest pile of horse shit i have read for ages[/quote']

If you read Kerrang he all but say's that he was foolish to have been in busted, and that it was for the money. Before you accuse people of speaking horse shit please get your facts straight.

If you read Kerrang he all but say's that he was foolish to have been in busted' date=' and that it was for the money. Before you accuse people of speaking horse shit please get your facts straight.[/quote']

"he all but said" So he never said it then hmm......

Anyway the point was you say that if you really loved music you wouldnt be in a band like busted, which is bollocks, so your saying that none of the guys in busted, mcfly, any of those types of bands, dont love music?? how does them being in a pop band betray their love for music??

"he all but said" So he never said it then hmm......

Anyway the point was you say that if you really loved music you wouldnt be in a band like busted' date=' which is bollocks, so your saying that none of the guys in busted, mcfly, any of those types of bands, dont love music?? how does them being in a pop band betray their love for music??[/quote']

The point is that if you really do love the type of music that Charlie from busted likes, then why would you want to produce a watered down kiddie version of it?

Maybe I am slightly snobby when it comes to music like busted and robbie williams, but I do not see why someone should be part of a boy band, aimed at kids and girls, then dissmiss it when it suits them in an attempt at being credibile. This is in no way being true to themselves.

That is all I was trying to get across. Your abuse aimed at me on your posts was out of order and downright childish.

Why not? I Why should people think they are so much better than him just because he has done pop music. i dont see Busted as a farse or a rock exploiting band at alll' date=' i see them as a very very pop punk band and they are a band, they write and perform their own songs on the albums, fair enough they may not perform live all the time, (they do do it ive heard them and they are quite good) but this is most likely down to the lable or even the show they are on (after speaking to rooster about this i found out a lot)..

At the end of the day Busted WERE a hard working honest band until they got signed thats what people seem to forget, so why now since they have made money and became sucessful should their memebers be embaressed of the fact they are in it??[/quote']

It's not all just because he did pop, it's because he whored himself out for a record company. Maybe it's not 100% the bands fault that they don't play live all the time, but if it was me, i'd DEMMAND to play live. Miming is what pop acts are notorious for... not rock. Also, how can you guage how much of a proper band they are without knowing how much of a creative input they have regarding their songwriting. Does anyone know for sure that they actually write their own songs? Also, i can't find anything on the net that suggests they even played a gig before major-labell interest, let alone did any 'hard work' back-in-the-day. Every single bio starts with the 'What i go to school for' single... nothing about playing for years or trying to get a fan-base going.

On a bbc vote here 55% of people would say they were a boyband as opposed to a rock group.

apparently charlie wasn't an original member of busted... matt n james formed a band at school with some other guy who left, and charlie joined after responding to an ad... the guy who left was miffed that he didn't get credit for writing 'sleeping with the light on' with them... this could all be crap but to me it suggests that they did do 'some' work 'back in the day'...

Why not? I Why should people think they are so much better than him just because he has done pop music. i dont see Busted as a farse or a rock exploiting band at alll' date=' i see them as a very very pop punk band and they are a band, they write and perform their own songs on the albums, fair enough they may not perform live all the time, (they do do it ive heard them and they are quite good) but this is most likely down to the lable or even the show they are on (after speaking to rooster about this i found out a lot)..

At the end of the day Busted WERE a hard working honest band until they got signed thats what people seem to forget, so why now since they have made money and became sucessful should their memebers be embaressed of the fact they are in it??[/quote']

I've seen Busted perform live on TV shows a million times more than I've seen lostprophets play live. As actual musicians, you really can't fault Busted at ALL! I remember seeing them on TOTP just after Year 3000 came out and even though I loved that song, I expected them to mime like there was no tomorrow but alas, they performed accoustically and absolulity AMAZING! They really are talented bastards.....and they jump acely too...

It's not all just because he did pop' date=' it's because he whored himself out for a record company. Maybe it's not 100% the bands fault that they don't play live all the time, but if it was me, i'd DEMMAND to play live. Miming is what pop acts are notorious for... not rock. Also, how can you guage how much of a proper band they are without knowing how much of a creative input they have regarding their songwriting. Does anyone know for sure that they actually write their own songs? Also, i can't find anything on the net that suggests they even played a gig before major-labell interest, let alone did any 'hard work' back-in-the-day. Every single bio starts with the 'What i go to school for' single... nothing about playing for years or trying to get a fan-base going.[/quote']

If your record company says you have to mime you can not refuse, they have the last say in everything, the only thing the artist can actually do is compromise with the lable. They used to write songs together "back in the day", and they write most of their songs, but I dont know about gigs. But how much do you actually hear about bands before they were famous?

I am fucking humiliated to have to admit this, but most people who know me are aware of this , but I took my fiance to see Busted in Glasgow for her 21st birthday.

I spent a good half hour of the concert queing for what turned out to be a half pint of warm lager, but I feel obliged to confirm that they are truely awful live. A third guitarist in the background provided most of the guitar work, as the three guys were too busy prancing about to play properly. The one with the black hair and bad complexion really cannae sing - I kid you not - He was murder. Eyebrows did a credible drum solo thing with the other drummer they hire. The other one with the blonde hair has a pervy voice that warbles away tunelessley. They really were truly awful. I felt like a perv, as the place was full of kids and I didn't have any of my own! Truly, the average audience memebr age must have been 10, so I seriously doubt if the boys are caring if they have any "artistic integrity" or anything.

They are slightly gimmicky because they strum along a bit to their songs, but no different from any other boy band. Oh, and I checked the wife's DVD - True, the boy James does have an involvement in the writing of every song, aye, along with, on average, 5 different writing partners! So they don't "write all their own songs."

They are fucking terrible and a piss - take to real bands that struggle to even play a gig, let alone sell thousands of copies of their debut single due to clever marketing and the fact they appeal to young lassies. And endless appearances on CD:UK and The Saturday Show. Never forget that's how they got where they are - It wasn't touring every toilet in the UK and realeasing a self - funded debut or Fierce Panda effort. They are fully manufactured .How long did they live off the success of their first single? - Fucking ages is the answer.

And I have heard the new band in question. Oh dear. Sub - Lostprophets is a good summing up I thought.

They are slightly gimmicky because they strum along a bit to their songs' date=' but no different from any other boy band. Oh, and I checked the wife's DVD - True, the boy James does have an involvement in the writing of every song, aye, along with, on average, 5 different writing partners! So they don't "write all their own songs."

They are fucking terrible and a piss - take to real bands that struggle to even play a gig, let alone sell thousands of copies of their debut single due to clever marketing and the fact they appeal to young lassies. And endless appearances on CD:UK and The Saturday Show. Never forget that's how they got where they are - It wasn't touring every toilet in the UK and realeasing a self - funded debut or Fierce Panda effort. They are fully manufactured .How long did they live off the success of their first single? - Fucking ages is the answer.

And I have heard the new band in question. Oh dear. Sub - Lostprophets is a good summing up I thought.[/quote']

oh its so true. but who would the little girlies listen to if it wasnt busted or mcfly?