aberdeen-music

Meeting for Tsunami Fundraiser

purplefrodo

Yeah, can someone please let me know what is happening with this - if anything? I don't see the point of keeping this thread stuck at the top of The Wasteland if nothing is getting planned as there is at least two other charity gigs now taking place in Aberdeen for this.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On tbe 27th March, 10 of the best Aberdeen bands will take to the stage in Moshulu dressed in 80's apparell and play 15 minutes each featuring at least 2 80's covers, possibly more. This will be one of the most fun event of the year. As there has been so much publicity for the Tsunami Appeal we have decided to make the event in aid of Band Aid as well, the money will be split. At the end of the night all the bands will take to the stage for a bizarre version of 'do they know its Christmas' This promises to be a fun and very camp evening ;)

Ticket prices will be posted when i remember what they are,

Bands will be posted when we know who they are.

Cheers

Stuart

As there has been so much publicity for the Tsunami Appeal we have decided to make the event in aid of Band Aid as well' date=' the money will be split. [/quote']

I think that's a great idea to split the proceeds, everyone seemed to forget about BandAid after the Tsunami happened, I mean yes the people affected by the Tsunami needed immediate aid obviously, but that doesn't mean that there aren't still going to be more people dying in Africa from hunger this year than AIDS, Malaria, War, TB and Polio combined...

Ar.

I shall put that date in my diaryo I shall.

Oh yes.

I thought the tsunami appeal were now no longer accepting donations? Was speaking to a few folk at the Appeal HQ, and at Cash 4 Kids, and they have a press release saying that. Mind you, it doesn't affect pre-registered events.

I think the band aid idea is a very good one, as rachie said, with the Tsunami happening, it has been difficult for other charities to get into the forefront.

At the end of the day... every charity has a deserving cause, and whatever happens, it is good to see such an event taking place.

For anyone wanting to get involved...

For anyone wanting to get involved we're having a meeting at he bassment at 7.00 on Monday to talk over the publicity etc for the gig, anyone who wants to help putting up posters, flyering or just has ideas is more than welcome, the lineup will hopefully be announced next week.

Cheers

Stuart