aberdeen-music

Part-time work.

Born with Wings

Mecca at berryden are needing people 5.07 an hour starting rate and it goes up as you learn more, but you need to be 18 to work there, and able to say the words "no i don't call the numbers" whenever you tell someone where you work.

Oh and they will employ anybody at the moment, even if you fail the numeracy test they give you

asda dont turn down ayone ' date=' i say this because i know somoene who works theyre and judging from his cv[/quote']

Asda can treat job applicants like shit. I went for a screening, and was ensured that EVERYONE gets some form of reply on wether or not they were successful within the space of 2 weeks or less. 2 months passed, I called up, and they said they couldnt help me

A few months later, when asda shut down for refurbishment, i recieved a call from the temporary asda office in tullos, asking me if i would be interested in a position. They asked me in for an interview during school hours, and so i had to say that i couldnt attend. The woman ensured me that she would get back to me the following day with another appointment. That was back in september i think, and i am still waiting for that call :rolleyes:

Try not to believe the promises asda make in terms of contact, because i recommend you prevent wasting your time and find another job opportunity elsewhere

And yes, they will employ anyone, as I witnessed in the group screening i went to :moody:

Guest haigyman

i'm convinced supermarkets hire people randomly, because there's some people working there who can barely do the job and then some of my intelligent friends who've been refused.

I find that supermarkets don't like students and their unwillingness to work 34 hours a week on top of their work and who want days off for silly unimportant things like gigs or field trips...

Sorry, I'm just bitter at these companies that employ lots of students then don't seem to realise that uni is the top priority, not some crappy minimum wage part time job.