aberdeen-music

BY MY HANDS - Looking for shows around feburary.

MYLER

Yo

We are looking for shows in and about the month of feburary/March time in and around scotland (england too if possible)...trying to sort out a wee bit of a small tour for the new year, so if anyone in any of these places can and WANTS to put us on then please dont hesitate to email us @ bymyhandshc@hotmail.com.

Go on. Help us out. :D:up:

Aberdeen

Dundee

Edinburugh

Falkirk

Glasgow

Kircaldy

Stirling

Carlisle

Newcastle

Manchester

Or anywhere for that matter (within reason) haha.

By My Hands - Representing the mosh, By My Hands bring their chug-chug brand of metallic hardccore to proceedings, reminiscent of Caliban(when they were still good) and their ilk. Unlike the current trend in metalcore, these guys tend not to fuck around with melodics and cheesey emo clichs and put forth an almost relentless mosh assault. To back this all up, the vocals are a combination of brutal and then even more brutal... If their demo is anything to go by, these guys will go places.

MP3: HXCMP3 page

Don't enjoy the whole "sending demo's to venues"...more often than not it gets binned and when it does get listened to the promoters tend not to have a clue about what kind of band they are putting on and you get landed on an indie bill or punk bill.

Id rather try and appeal to independant promoters who kind of know what they are doing.

Does DaveRowlands from Flithpact still do shows?

Guest stuartmaxwell

aye dave still does shows

you would be surprised up here mr myler

ross at moshulu does a fair bit o hardcore and he knows what he is talking about, drakes are rather intuitive too.

we are the kids in glasgow are one of the main hardcore promoters, undergroundscene.co.uk has dundee/perth/glasgow promotoers and is full of hardcore kids), MRW44 do some hardcore gigs in edinburgh, but you may be better off trying www.edinburghmetalscene.co.uk

another good thing to do is get onto bands pages and contact them directly and the bands in their links pages, the whole spirit of d.i.y an all

* i would like to point out that i do not know much about metal and probably have the wrong people*

MP3 is pretty damned good' date=' but your website is broken.

:up:[/quote']

It works fine, but for some reason Norton Firewall doesnt like the code on it so if your running that all the images will appear as red x's.

Stuart - Yeah, I've advertised on alot of those boards aswell, including DeadandGone down in england, getting quite a good response with regards to playing shows in places.

Noone has contacted me from abderdeen yet...Ive took the advice of you guys though and emailed sharon@drakes, and PM'd Mr Kirk-t.

I'll see where that gets me, thanks again for the help.

I'm cuttng down on promoting in 2005 and am only doing Narcosis in Feb for which the lineup is finalised, and am doing Radio Bikini in March which is also allready full sadly.

I'll keep you in mind for events after that though, Craig from Broken Oath was on the phone to me not long ago saying you'se were worth getting up here.

Try Kirkt or Ross that failing get in touch with Sharon at Dr Drakes or the Fudge lot and they might be able to sort something for you.

Guest Nikola Tesla
I'm cuttng down on promoting in 2005 and am only doing Narcosis in Feb

Hopefully not being to nosy by asking, but why cutting down on the Black Box shows?

Hopefully not being to nosy by asking' date=' but why cutting down on the Black Box shows?[/quote']

I've too much on really, uni is getting pretty demanding, Filthpact are doing 3 tours this year and i'm also planning on finally learning to drive, i'll keep doing shows but they'll be less frequent.

Dave