aberdeen-music

aberdeen-music.com is back!

Neil

Don't worry everyone. We are finally back online on the new dedicated web server!

I'm very pleased to report that the move went perfectly with all facilities on the web site now working after the move with the one exception of the Galleries. This is currently closed while I make an update to the Gallery software but I hope to have it re-opened later on today. Everything else however should be working just fine.

Notice some differences? Yep, this wasn't just simply a move of the web site I performed. I also decided before the move to "refine" the style of the web site and then launch this new style during the move. Many thanks to CraigDDG for the cool title banner graphic at the top-right above!

The portal front-end has also been replaced with new portal software and vBulletin has been upgraded to v2.3.3. This update only fixes a few minor bugs so don't expect to see any new features just yet.

Now for a couple of things to look out for. DNS propagation is still in progress which means, depending on your ISP, some people will still be accessing the old and closed aberdeen-music.com web site while other will be accessing this web site. Until your ISP updates their DNS information then there is nothing I can do about this I'm afraid. Just be patient. As always though makes sure you are looking at the latest version of the web site and not a cached copy. Always try pressing CTRL+F5 to force a refresh of the page if you are having problems.

All the cookie settings are the same as before so you should all still be logged in if you were before. If you are having problems logging in/out then look in your cookies directory and delete any "aberdeen-music.com" and "www.aberdeen-music.com" cookies and then log back into the web site. If you are still having any problems then please post a message in the Technical Problems forum and I'll try and help you out.

Once the new web site has "settled down" then I will post a further announcement soon on some of the new features that and enhancements that will be implemented now we have the luxury of our own dedicated web server!

Have fun. :)