aberdeen-music

Musicians For Traditional Scot/Punk Band Needed.

Kooz

I doubt anyone will be interested but, here's the deal...

Me and My Friend Toad are already memebers of a Keith based Punk Band, The Rejected - but we are looking to start a second with that will play "punked-up" traditional Scottish and Irish songs (Kinda like the Pogues do live), all we have so far is...

A Singer, and Possible Guitarist (although he would prefer not to play guitar in this band)

And me on bass, but will do the drumming if we cant find a drummer.

What we're looking for is -

A drummer (Or a bass player)

Keyboard player

And if anyone wants to be, a guitarist, although we have one, we could always use another.

We have several people as possibles for other instruments in this band, tenatively called "The Whoors" so, yeah... we're based near Aberdeen, and that's all really.

I doubt anyone will be interested but' date=' here's the deal...

Me and My Friend Toad are already memebers of a Keith based Punk Band, The Rejected - but we are looking to start a second with that will play "punked-up" traditional Scottish and Irish songs (Kinda like the Pogues do live), all we have so far is...

A Singer, and Possible Guitarist (although he would prefer not to play guitar in this band)

And me on bass, but will do the drumming if we cant find a drummer.

What we're looking for is -

A drummer (Or a bass player)

Keyboard player

And if anyone wants to be, a guitarist, although we have one, we could always use another.

We have several people as possibles for other instruments in this band, tenatively called "The Whoors" so, yeah... we're based near Aberdeen, and that's all really.[/quote']

i believe i walked your mate toad back to his car from town centre a few months back, sure he said he was from keith.he was the provider for a much needed joint.if its the same guy, tell him steve says hello could you?

That's a good idea. I'd be up for that. I live near Fochabers in Moray, and I can play the bass... I'm already in a band, O.C.D, and my life's so busy with that and other stuff I dunno if I could commit fully... but I like the idea of it, definitely. I've never heard of The Rejected... which is surprising cuz I thought I knew EVERYTHING about punk in Moray!

E-mail me at brychologist23 AT rock.com if you want to discuss it!

i believe i walked your mate toad back to his car from town centre a few months back' date=' sure he said he was from keith.he was the provider for a much needed joint.if its the same guy, tell him steve says hello could you?[/quote']

Nah, that wouldn't be him. He's got a complete anti-drugs thing, and don't have a car.

That's a good idea. I'd be up for that. I live near Fochabers in Moray' date=' and I can play the bass... I'm already in a band, O.C.D, and my life's so busy with that and other stuff I dunno if I could commit fully... but I like the idea of it, definitely. I've never heard of The Rejected... which is surprising cuz I thought I knew EVERYTHING about punk in Moray!

E-mail me at brychologist23 AT rock.com if you want to discuss it![/quote']

The Rejected isn't really doing much at the moment, mostly because I don't think too much of our bass player... but yeah, I'll send you an e-mail.

That's a good idea. I'd be up for that. I live near Fochabers in Moray' date=' and I can play the bass... I'm already in a band, O.C.D, and my life's so busy with that and other stuff I dunno if I could commit fully... but I like the idea of it, definitely. I've never heard of The Rejected... which is surprising cuz I thought I knew EVERYTHING about punk in Moray!

E-mail me at brychologist23 AT rock.com if you want to discuss it![/quote']

I thought Keith was in Aberdeenshire?

I thought Keith was in Aberdeenshire?

Well it's weird. It's Morayshire, but the surrounding areas are Aberdeenshire (Obviously aberdeen, but places like where I live too, like Cornhill) so keith till elgin are Morayshire surrounded by Aberdeenshire, and I have no clue what the hell I just typed...

I'm a guitarist based in Aberdeen itself. So if that's of any used to you then let me know. I'm assuming it is going to sound a bit like the Drop Kick Murphy's/Real Mackenzies then? Don't know many tunes in that genre at the moment but would be willing to learn. Though I do know the Wild Rover and 500 Miles by the Proclaimers.

Oh, and with much persuassion (offers of alcohol normally help) I can play the bagpipes as well. But would prefer to stick to the guitar.

Keep jammin'

Patch