aberdeen-music

shit bouncers at henry j's

drunkenmonkey

last friday i was working on windmill brae when i saw a bouncer from henry js throw out a pisshead who then stood and called out the bouncer for a fight. for fifteen minutes this guy continued to block traffic, kick passing cars and threaten people and still there was no radio call for a cop car to come down to pick him up. the bouncer then grabbed the guy wrenched his arm so far up his back his left hand was touching the right side of his nose, dragged him to the alleyway between moshulu and where i work and beat the shit out of him.

real brave considering the drunk was too drunk to defend himself

so i radioed in about what i had just seen. 10 minutes later the bouncer comes upto me and says, and i quote"ever pull a stunt like that again and we'll leave him(the drunk) and come ater you" etc. then some other bouncer came upto me and and said, again i quote," do anything like that again and you'll have worse than him(the first bouncer) to worry about and i'll personaly make sure that you never work another door in aberdeen."

no wonder most people think all bouncers are dickheads with cunts like these who cant do their job properly or are in it for the wrong reasons ie letting underage girls in in exchange for oral sex or simply to abuse their power.

hope the fucker gets fired then charged for assault

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MerryChristmas
Originally posted by drunkenmonkey

last friday i was working on windmill brae when i saw a bouncer from henry js throw out a pisshead who then stood and called out the bouncer for a fight. for fifteen minutes this guy continued to block traffic, kick passing cars and threaten people and still there was no radio call for a cop car to come down to pick him up. the bouncer then grabbed the guy wrenched his arm so far up his back his left hand was touching the right side of his nose, dragged him to the alleyway between moshulu and where i work and beat the shit out of him.

real brave considering the drunk was too drunk to defend himself

so i radioed in about what i had just seen. 10 minutes later the bouncer comes upto me and says, and i quote"ever pull a stunt like that again and we'll leave him(the drunk) and come ater you" etc. then some other bouncer came upto me and and said, again i quote," do anything like that again and you'll have worse than him(the first bouncer) to worry about and i'll personaly make sure that you never work another door in aberdeen."

no wonder most people think all bouncers are dickheads with cunts like these who cant do their job properly or are in it for the wrong reasons ie letting underage girls in in exchange for oral sex or simply to abuse their power.

sounds shit

whaT is the qualification u need to be A bouncer nowadays?

I have the whole incident on CCTV. From start to finish. As do the Police, which is why they have stated they are happy with Jim's actions and offered to arrest the other guy for assault.

If he was 'beaten up' how did he manage to start a fight with the Door staff at Bar Jin afterwards? or with the door staff at Drum, where he was finally arrested from?

the bouncer then grabbed the guy wrenched his arm so far up his back his left hand was touching the right side of his nose

try that then, see if it's possible

so i radioed in about what i had just seen. 10 minutes later the bouncer comes upto me and says, and i quote"ever pull a stunt like that again and we'll leave him(the drunk) and come ater you" etc

Granted, he shouldn't have done that, but, he was and I think justifiably, a little upset you had radio'd the police, especially considering he never hit him, merely pushed him up the lane to get rid of him.

then some other bouncer came upto me and and said, again i quote," do anything like that again and you'll have worse than him(the first bouncer) to worry about and i'll personaly make sure that you never work another door in aberdeen."

Nothing to do with my door, another doorman from another venue who felt you were out of order. Nothing I can do about that.

that's certainly not the polices view of what will happen.

its all sorted now, my boss knows the pricks boss

he he victory is mine

its just cocks like them give all the good bouncers out there a bad reputation and that really pisses me off

I am not going to dignify that with an answer, especially as I am Jim's boss.

The reason you weren't hired here, when you applied, was because our head doorman was concerned you were a little immature at 19, and that you would not react in a mature way to any incidents. Like, for example, posting at best, half truths on a message board.

a lot of you out there will know Jim, he is almost always on the door at HJB. I have never recieved a complaint about him before, infact today I had someone harping on about what a great doorman he was. Perhaps if anyone else has a view on them they can let me know.

Rob

Half and half on this one.

I think it sounds like the bouncer in question (Jim wasn't it) did everyone a favour by removing a roudy drunk. I shan't comment wether he used extreme force or not as I wasn't there but I don't think it really matters. I'm far more threatened by loud mouthed, violent drunk than by a vigilante bouncer. He should be praised for having the balls to do what the police really should do. Show little fucks like that no mercy.

It also sounds like he was more than provoked surely? I can't BELIEVE your criticising his action considering what you said about the drunk guy!

On the flip side though the bouncer(s) had NO RIGHT to threaten you and I'll refrain again from saying wether it did or did not happen, but if it did then THAT should be a fireable offence and well well across the line.

Also I will agree that many many bouncers are corrupt and rather useless BUT I have to say the doormen employed by Henry J's and Moshulu have always seemed rather exemplerary and professional.

One thing tho, and Flik I'd be really interested to hear from you about this in a PM or on here (and please don;t take it as me starting trouble I'm just really curious.) How do so many underagers get into Moshulu? Seriously. It MUST have been bought to the establishments attention by now surely? And if It hasn't then I can tell you now... Is it lack of ID'ing, or large ammounts of fakes on the market or just turning a blind eye? Mind you I guess you couldn't really say the last one even if it was true I guess... hmmm....

i can see how both sides of the story could be very much distorted, one persons version of a story can always be very different from someone elses, also one persons opinion of "minimal force" can be different from anothers, so i think Mr DMonkey is justified in what he said how he reacted, but i dont think the HJB's bouncer was out of order as the nature of the bouncing profession can sometimes lead to a little anger coming out on the job

I say it again.

It's on CCTV, I have seen it, the police have seen it. Following the supposed 'beating up' he continued to shout abuse, tried to atack the doormen at Bar Jin, ON CCTV, then attacked the doormen at Drum ON CCTV, where he was lifted by the police, WITHOUT A MARK ON HIM.

If every door in Aberdeen radio'd the police everytime some one gave them abuse, the police would have no time to do anything about real trouble.

Jim's not a 'Vigilante' nor does he hand out 'random beatings'. He's an engineering student, at university. paying his way through college. So, while I continue to maintain he should not have said anything to 'Drunkenmonkey' I understand why he was aggrieved at having the police called, on the emergency response radio, by a fellow doorman, for beating someone up when in fact he did no such thing.

Rob

*Edit*

Or perhaps, as an inexperienced bouncer you reacted innapropriately, blew the situation out of all proportion, were spoken to by Jim, and are now trying to even it all up?

*Edit*

Furthermore, how many times do you see any real trouble in either of our venues? Having worked in too many to count over the years, I can safely say without bias that I have never seen a venue with less trouble, be it violence or illegal activity than HJB or Moshulu. We hire bouncers who can help us keep that image, not destroy it. I think our bouncers set a fine example to the rest and most certainly stand by them on this one...

Originally posted by ~christine~

when I have been to HJB's, the bouncer's always seem competant and easy going enough, so I think if this attack was as brutal as said, it must have been at a push, because like I said, the bouncers are nice enough

however, I didn't see what went on

Same as what I think.

Originally posted by not a statement

i am kinda concerned about what drunken monkey said about bouncers accepting oral sex from underagers. Does this kinda stuff really go in aberdeen?

I think this is probably a very big exageration... but having worked in 4 clubs over the last 2 years I can say that staff, inluding door staff certainly do have a weak spot for young girls in a low cut top. At my last work which shall remain nameless the staff certainly allowed in underage girls just because they sweet talked them and showed plenty of cleavage, and I think its a generally accepted fact that venues are not as stricpt as perhaps they should be.

I will not say that the Moshulu staff do or do not participate in such things, and certainly I have never seen any direct evidence of it, although the severe number of underagers in Moshulu is suspicious.

While I'm sure around the country and indeed world there are cases of such peversity going on, I would personally say that I doubt anyone associated with Moshulu would participate in such acts. AGain I will say the doormen, tho I'm sure not perfect, are a good example of a disciplined, onbective and professional door team.

Originally posted by MerryChristmas

i presume you mean <18s if so whats wrong wih looking at them sexuall? this isnt fucking america

I never said theres anything wrong with LOOKING... exacpt if you count the fatc that many bouncers will be much older than underagers... but make your own moral judgements on that.

What was mentioned is what if bouncers are DOING stuff with underagers not LOOKING at.

Also the main issue really is underagers should not be getting into the damm club.

You missed the point in spectacular style dude.

The Perennial Underagers argument.

I honestly, hand on heart, don't believe there is a massive problem. When we instigated a massive crack down a few weeks back, attendances were unchanged, although we did piss off a load of people that had to go home for ID.

Many times I have been told someone is definately underage, and have ID'd them myself only to get a valid Drivers license or Passport.

When Licensing police were in for a look around, they didn't see a problem.

Like any club a few will always slip the net, we do ID and knock back loads every night. Certainly i know of many places in Aberdeen that do have a problem.

I absolutely and utterly refute any suggestion that either myself or any one who works for me would let anyone in for a blowjob/grope/whatever.

If anyone can point out anyone underage to me then I will always ID them.

Rob