aberdeen-music

How do you change the strings on a cello?

Graham

well...

They're pretty much like tuning guitars or whatever, you do turn the pegs. And as for stringing them, it's pretty much like stringing a guitar. But, if you don't know how, I think that ya should go to Bruce Millers or the shop just at the Holburn Junction to get it done by a pro ;) -- That's from my friend who plays Cello by the way, lol.

Luv Mee xXx

Right, if your making big tuning differences (for example if your peg slips or something) then use the tuning pegs at the top of the cello, but if its only a little difference then use the little pegs just below the bridge of your cello. If your using the pegs at the top, then you are more likely to break the strings.

As far as changing strings is concerned, its very similar to changing strings on the guitar but my best recomendation is get someone like a cell teacher or a friend that plays cello to change them so that you dont do any serious damage to the instrument (i.e. snapping off the bridge/ causeing a crack in the wood etc)

good luck

xxx

one simple trick is to keep the bow not too clkose to the bridge. use the midle and ring finger along with the thumb to get a good grip on the bo and use the index finger to increase the pressure on the strings while on the top part of the bow. also get a good make opf pitch and keep it handy