aberdeen-music

Why Has Powermetal Not Taken Off Here

Stormhart

Have you ever wondered why bands like Hammerfall Nightwish Rhapsody etc have never really taken off here in Aberdeen in a big way.I will be probably be known as the guy who tried to bring Manowar here :bat: .Well for one most people are probably set in their ways with the old bands to try something new.Powermetal has taken off in a big way in England, Europe and rest of the world but why not Scotland.

Guest Nikola Tesla

Maybe the scottish people dont like cheese?? :p

But nah seiriously i dunno, there is a fair few people in Aberdeen who like it in some way (me not included i have to say) so it cant be that small.

Do you mean people who are not into Power Metal or a lack of Power Metal bands?

I'm a MASSIVE power metal fan, I know theres a few others like Scorge ...and plenty of Nightwish fans.

If you mean Scottish Power Metal bands, I think that would be the best thing ever, Scotland has such a fantastic history for writing power metal songs about, look at Grave Diggers "Tunes of War", plus scottish music styles can be adapated very succesfully into metal, I think.

Fantastic subject.

Guest Scorge Spike

I think there's a band called Mourning Star about this area who do power metal, though I really didn't like the vocals on the mp3's I heard. I'd go and see them, anything to endorse the genre and other people attempting it.

I'm working on a power metal band (with aforementioned Doc and his brother), but we won't be gigging for a while yet because we want to do it properly. When finished, it will fucking slay you all...... :bat:

In the wider context, I think it's not caught on because it's unfashionable, and anything unfashionable never gets acknowledged regardless of the quality of the actual music. On top of that, it's beyond the technical ability of most bands here anyway :p.........

power metal is awesome.. but to be honest i think i only really appreciate it in a kinda tounge in cheeck sorta way, but it is awesome.

I was convinced it was going to be the next emo too... shame, the prospect of the 'kids' dropping their backpacks for loincloths was more than amusing...

Guest Scorge Spike
I bought his Demonheart LP today....just brilliant' date=' i'd LOVE to sing it at some neds.[/quote']

That's an EP, because the title track is taken from 'Prophet Of The Last Eclipse', which is an utter belter of an album. Almost as good as 'Kings Of The Nordic Twilight'.....

So is a lot of the the goth music defin this underground dance rubbish what is flying around Aberdeen whatever happened to traditional goth music here anyway.Metal has it,its called Neu Metal dont make me wanna puke and this goth dance music is just as bad.No True Metal Or Goth Head would lower themselves to listen to it.