aberdeen-music

How to be EMO!

rune

Don't you think that buying into this trend is supporting their stance?

Let's face it record companies are turning this trend into a labtest

But don't you see most of these people won't check out other smaller alternatives?

Most of this success is down to mass martketing' date=' so how do you actually make your choice on

what to buy? I'd bet it's through kerrang or music tv, too many people don't take time to find out about lesser known bands that have more talent.[/quote']

Wahey, TWAT! Don't watch music TV. I don't spend half my life trawling round the internet looking for new bands, or spend all my money going to local gigs, to be called a label puppet. If i hear about a new band, big or small, usually from on here or friends, i do my best to check them all out. If i like it, i keep it and i try to go out and buy it. If i don't, i don't. The way you're talking, you make it sound like i've got a hotline to the PR men at Sony or Warner. Anyway, how can you criticise the music i listen to for being mainstream, when there are bands about like Busted, or other bloody top of the pops bands. Decent underground music is shit hard to find when you don't have endless money to buy cds on the off chance of them being good, and you have people telling you you're a puppet, as opposed to actually recommending sites or bands. You've got to hear about bands somewhere, and for those of us who aren't "scenies" its difficult. :swearing:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sick of it all = ROCK. i absolutely love sigur ros' date=' tribe called quest, the chariot (what i've heard, not yet got album), isis are pretty amazing the new stuff especially.....heard a fair number of 'em bands...but the ones i haven't i shall. can i get their stuff from hxcmp3.com?[/quote']

Not sure you could always check out http://shop.relapse.com/content/downloads.aspx

or try this one http://www.hydrahead.com/media/index.htm

But i get most of my material from irc.

Here is where you get the software www.sysreset.com

Really technical stuff tho :|

Then again i have pretty reasonable tuition fees! ;)

Being a puppet' date=' ill check them out when they're on Kerrang and have signed to a major label. I've found this new band,called Funeral For A Friend, I think they could eb the new trend, id better get in on it.[/quote']

So you don't think aberdeen gigs should get better turnouts?

Ok then here you go.

Bands i would reccomend highly are anodyne' date=' day in black and white, conflict, cortizone, dinsaur jr, dead kennedies, disposable heroes of hiphoprisy, failure, massive attack, nebula, bongzilla, today is the day, knut, oceansize, one minute slience, isis, neurosis, halo, portis head, sigur ros, ostinato, primus, ride, seafood, sick of it all, sunna, trail of the dead, tribe called quest, charger, cephalic carnage, ed gein, ion dissonance, labrat, krisiun, ministry, mistress, napalm death ,mortician, nasum, pale horse, the chariot, tusk, the devils, unsane, alice in chains, pig destroyer[/quote']

Just how ignorant do you think i am. I consider it an indsult that you think i wouldn't know the following bands: dinosaur jr, dead kennedies, massive attack, sick of it all, napalm death, ALICE IN FUCKING CHAINS and pig destroyer.

Just how ignorant do you think i am. I consider it an indsult that you think i wouldn't know the following bands: dinosaur jr' date=' dead kennedies, massive attack, sick of it all, napalm death, ALICE IN FUCKING CHAINS and pig destroyer.[/quote']

You kids are strange tho! ;)

LOL

Guest stuartmaxwell
Ok then here you go.

Bands i would reccomend highly are anodyne' date=' dinsaur jr, dead kennedies, massive attack, nebula, knut, oceansize, isis, neurosis, portis head, sigur ros, seafood, sick of it all, sunna, trail of the dead, tribe called quest, ministry, pig destroyer[/quote']

yes yes yes

he isnt a numpty

seee