aberdeen-music

How to be EMO!

rune

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have the baggy jeans and backpack to a tee....unfortunately it misses out the emo fashion acessory glasses...(NP - the ones i wear are actually needed to stop me wlaking into things) and the emo hairdo. i find it a slightly undetailed guide and believe there are better out there, like this guide, which is cool...because it's all flashy and cool...and emo is all about looking good dontcha' know :p

http://www.dobi.nu/emo/

O.K so that website is supposed to be a joke, well they might as well get their facts right. Emo is not about being straight edge, straight-edge is boring you don't get to do any fun stuff. Secondly, baggy pants?!?! wtf...simply not true at all, its tight-jeans all the way. In fact here is exactly what every emo-ite is wearing these days:

-tight band t-shirt, any band as long as the lyrics include killing your girlfriend.

-Swept to the side 9over one eye hair style, put some effort in and die it black.

-tight levi 501's, 3 pairs of these on any self-respecting emo bands ryder list.

-converse allstars or old school low-tops.

-chain/jaegermeister strap haning from belt to pocket.

And there you have it the dress-code to a T. And as for standing motionless at concert, wrong! That is the code for proping up the bar before the gig starts. When the band starts its hardcore dancing all the way, if you don't know what i'm on about here are the names of a few moves:

-The ripping out of the heart and holding aloft.

-The breakdown motion of the arms, top left to bottom right leading with the elbow on the way up and the hand on the way down.

If you wish to find out more, type in slam-dancing in google. So there you go, that dude should get his facts right. But what am i saying Emo doesn't even exist anymore, its a emo-hardcore hybred that is nothing like what Emo actually is, think Rites of Spring and Navio Forge for Emo. Man i wrote athousand word article on this simple fact in the Gaudie and thus have exhausted all my Emo-is dead arguing for the rest of the year, and so am going to give up.

medication for purple frodo

O.K so that website is supposed to be a joke' date=' well they might as well get their facts right. Emo is not about being straight edge, straight-edge is boring you don't get to do any fun stuff. Secondly, baggy pants?!?! wtf...simply not true at all, its tight-jeans all the way. In fact here is exactly what every emo-ite is wearing these days:

-tight band t-shirt, any band as long as the lyrics include killing your girlfriend.

-Swept to the side 9over one eye hair style, put some effort in and die it black.

-tight levi 501's, 3 pairs of these on any self-respecting emo bands ryder list.

-converse allstars or old school low-tops.

-chain/jaegermeister strap haning from belt to pocket.

And there you have it the dress-code to a T. And as for standing motionless at concert, wrong! That is the code for proping up the bar before the gig starts. When the band starts its hardcore dancing all the way, if you don't know what i'm on about here are the names of a few moves:

-The ripping out of the heart and holding aloft.

-The breakdown motion of the arms, top left to bottom right leading with the elbow on the way up and the hand on the way down.

If you wish to find out more, type in slam-dancing in google. So there you go, that dude should get his facts right. But what am i saying Emo doesn't even exist anymore, its a emo-hardcore hybred that is nothing like what Emo actually is, think Rites of Spring and Navio Forge for Emo. Man i wrote athousand word article on this simple fact in the Gaudie and thus have exhausted all my Emo-is dead arguing for the rest of the year, and so am going to give up.[/quote']

take a joke man.

here got this from the doctor

Chill_Pill.mbe.jpg

Was funny to me' date=' you dont have a sense of humour ;)

Something which is required in life you know :)[/quote']

A nother piece of 'my taste is better than yours' rubbish from rune.

You see, us "emo" people don't have a sense of humour. Its this terrible affliction we suffer from. We don't find it amusing to be subjected to incessant, unoriginal bollocks from our superiors, the arse punks and metal heads of this world. And yes, it is incurable, in which case you're not going to convert any of the lost souls sucked into the terrible black hole of emo, so why don't you stop, hmm? Do you see anybody resorting to making threads about how much they hate metal or superficial pop punk? No you do not, so why not stop this childish and cheap pointscoring right now? :swearing:

A nother piece of 'my taste is better than yours' rubbish from rune.

You see' date=' us "emo" people don't have a sense of humour. Its this terrible affliction we suffer from. We don't find it amusing to be subjected to incessant, unoriginal bollocks from our superiors, the arse punks and metal heads of this world. And yes, it is incurable, in which case you're not going to convert any of the lost souls sucked into the terrible black hole of emo, so why don't you stop, hmm? Do you see anybody resorting to making threads about how much they hate metal or superficial pop punk? No you do not, so why not stop this childish and cheap pointscoring right now? :swearing:[/quote']

sorry calum but couldn't resist.

75120.jpg

the joke wasn't funny because i found it to be incorrect. The thing didn't define emo at all, the person created would be something more akin to, i dunno, Adrian Mole. And that pill is far to big to be consumed by a person of my stature, it would infuraite me even more, not calm me down. And the last point made in the article, 'listen to lots of Emo music'....FUCKING GOOD ONE MATE...thats so fucking dumb 'hey you know how to be a metal-head?...well heres the answer you've all been waiting for...listen to lots of Metal!' he must have been researching that one for hours!

Purely going by this thread ripple-boy, if you ran a comedy-store it would be shite.....FACT! A joke by definition requires two factors, Humerous content and a positive response (i.e a laugh)...both were left out in this situation. Or maybe your right, maybe i don't have a sense of humour, i must have lost it somwhere. If so then i congratulate you on having one.

Firstly, i haven't heard the phrase 'take a chill pill' since third year at school when a lesbian brute of a ned girl used to say it to me, and everybody, nearly every day. So i now regard you as lowly as I do her, use some intelligence in your comedy it adds a little bit of variety. Secondly i realise that everything i say is going to produce a response along the lines of 'Purplefrodo doesn't have a sense of humour because he doesn't laugh at the same things i do, like when people say farts and boobs'. Thirdly...your gay...i thought i'd try to see what it was like to have a sense of humour as finely honed as yours...i don't like it very much...i'll stick to little britain.