aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tam o' Shantie

my tax rebate is going on this...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

no way! i want a moog! one with a dual VCO! like the locust have! (is it a prodigy? i can't find anywhere that will tell me)

Vintage synths are definately over-rated in a sort of "trendy" way. I agree with spellchecker, a modern synth is a lot more versatile in terms of the range of sounds you can create and modulation routings you can set up, not to mention the fact that they have midi support ;)

i want to use this live' date=' and I refuse to take a gay laptop with me.[/quote']

You don't need a laptop. "Virtual Analogue" synths like Nord modular / Access Virus are digital hardware synths that have the emulate the properties of synths like Moogs.

indeed. all you need is a midi controller. that can be as small as one octave, or as big as a full size stage piano. the choice is completely yours. the benefit being that if you do a lot of computer recording with midi, then you can use the controller for that too.

however, many crappy old keyboards that can be had for a tenner from a car boot sale will even have a midi out port, which would do the job.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i'll just fit a midi interface to my moog if i so desire in the future, this is for a punk band dudes