aberdeen-music

Glassjaw Are No More

Stephen

taken from aversion.com

After booting out most of the band, Glassjaw's remaining members are finally calling it quits.

In a curious Flash animation on the band's site, Glassjaw announced its demise and the cancellation of its December shows.

Singer Daryl Palumbo and guitarist John Beck previously kicked out the remaining members of the band, announcing they would carry on with replacements. No reasons were given about the duo's change of plans

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping my fingers crossed hoping that both Thursday and Hell Is For Heroes follow Glassjaw's good example.

Odd choices to pick out as particular targets - Thursday at least do something interesting with the screamo/emo/hardcore (whatever..) template, and Full Collapse is a great album. HIFH, whilst never really striking a chord with me, are a good live band, and continue to drag themselves round the country independantly. I would barely shed a tear if they split, mind....

Anyway, going on the GlassJaw flash animation, I'm not so sure they've actually split. AND they're ace. So nyah......

Keeping my fingers crossed hoping that both Thursday and Hell Is For Heroes follow Glassjaw's good example.

Lets guess, what are you? Metaller? Arse punk? Or just emo bashing my taste is better than yours type? :moody: Anyway, to be honest, it wouldn't have been the same without the other guys. Good band, but Palumbo's a twat.

Neither can I. Optimism says that the albums I have by them shall live on as pleasing ones regardless.

Thursday have got worse as their career went on in my opinion. Lumping Hell Is For Heroes in there was a bit harsh as well I thought - they're more a hard-working rock band that I've a lot of respect for than anything resembling emoscreamopainandsuffering.

Was that jibe a direct result of them clashing with Assert on the two bands respective tours that took in Aberdeen Allsystemsfail? ;)

I still love thursday...and I think they went in an opposite way sort of...I think they kinda got better through their career...

I love the new record...but I don't listen to it as much as full collapse...but musically...they are a much bigger, better, and tighter band on war all the time...

In my opinion anyways...