aberdeen-music

Motormark, Piney Gir and The Videos - Coming to Drakes in January!

nullmouse

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my word' date=' im so hungover!!! was a great night.....hopefully you'll all be seeing Piney Gir in aberdeen in march.... :D

i think i surpassed myself in the usual afterhours shenanigans though - and i said i wouldnt dance last night too...!! it was the 80's music that made me do it.....!! :O

Gold...always believe in your soul......!!!!

sorry bout my dj'ing!!! hehe!

s :love:[/quote']

Yes New Order and Spandau Ballet did seem to be on rather a lot... But my dancing was as sketchy / choppy as ever so I'm in no position to criticise! I think my dancing was slightly better at the Peel night on Saturday but I'm sure Chilli will disagree :D

It was nice to see the volunteer barman collecting all the empty glasses as well.

Dave

PS Friday was a great night with an amazing turnout of eclectic people...

Guest neil ex

The line up was fantastic! All the acts were great..

I had a great time, I even got up and danced with a little encouragement..! I Enjoyed the lack of a hangover in the morning aswell, though I don't think us young people suffer as much as the oldies! :D

The line up was fantastic! All the acts were great..

I had a great time' date=' I even got up and danced with a little encouragement..! I Enjoyed the lack of a hangover in the morning aswell, though I don't think us young people suffer as much as the oldies! :D[/quote']

:nono::nono::nono:

Thats coz your liver is more intact................. so far

Guest stuartmaxwell

piney gir was excellent, lovely songs, oozed sex appeal

i agree with other about the night

it summed up exactly what drakes is all about, great atmosphere, great people, different walks of life in harmony etc

i look forward to seeing what happens next from that lot

piney gir was excellent' date=' lovely songs, oozed sex appeal

i agree with other about the night

it summed up exactly what drakes is all about, great atmosphere, great people, different walks of life in harmony etc

i look forward to seeing what happens next from that lot[/quote']

Well, Piney Gir's off on tour with Erasure sometime in the next month or so, plus they've remixed Erasure's upcoming single too. Steve from Piney (the midi guitar player) writes for TV comedy (with Talkback) and Ash is in negotiations for scoring a film directed by Someone Famous (who I'll not name, or we'll jinx it!). Piney Gir are also going to be shooting a video commissioned by MTV. If there's any justice in this world, we'll all be hearing a lot more about Piney soon enough!

As for Motormark, they've got a new single with DHR in the pipeline and a UK tour coming up in April.

Thanks to everyone who turned up and made it such a great night, all the acts were buzzing about the gig afterwards - We had to drag Motormark off the dancefloor at the back of 3am.

twas probablee the best atmosphere Ive experienced in an Aberdeen Venue apart from the AntiWar gig a coupla years ago (which was a total one off vibe)......we need more of the ''we're all in this shit together'' vibe and less of the we-refuse-to-have-fun vibe that hangs over the city....so its only ironic that that night was so cool now that Drakes is gonna vanish and leave a black hole just where the light momentarily flickered

shitola