aberdeen-music

Motormark, Piney Gir and The Videos - Coming to Drakes in January!

nullmouse

Ook! I better see if I can find another band' date=' then :)[/quote']

Has Stephen not contacted you? We only found this out today.... :(

We are very sorry, naturally we would be honoured to play any of your future evenings.

I shall be at this one regardless.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are very sorry' date=' naturally we would be honoured to play any of your future evenings.

I shall be at this one regardless.[/quote']

Not yet, but if you only found out today then it's no matter - I've probably just found out quicker than he could tell me ;)

It's cool, we'll hopefully have some other bands in a similar ilk to your fine selves up some other time and will definitely be in touch again!

I'll see you there, any way!

We are very sorry' date=' naturally we would be honoured to play any of your future evenings.

I shall be at this one regardless.[/quote']

I was contemplating over the weekend the possibilites of getting a stand in drummer or even using a drum machine before I cancelled totally, but concluded its not gonna work at short notice.....

Another time would be lovely

In the meantime The Videos gig-holiday continues untill at least February! *scenesters do mexican wave*

Problee see you there shithead x

I was contemplating over the weekend the possibilites of getting a stand in drummer or even using a drum machine before I cancelled totally' date=' but concluded its not gonna work at short notice.....

[/quote']

Ah well, it wouldn't have been a problem if we'd scored an extra act and I found out you could play again - The more the merrier, I say.

This is it, folks, one of the last few gigs to EVER be in Dr Drakes. Let's make sure they go out with a massive bang over this weekend, it's a great line up every night till close:

THU 20TH - FEMORA - STAYOVER - INDAFUSION - BROKEN SUNSHINE

FRI 21ST MOTORMARK, PINEY GIR & THE ABERDEEN 4BIT CREW, 8PM, 4

SAT 22ND DOUBLE JACK & BLACK ATOM, 8PM, 3.50

SUN 23RD THE MASONICS, PRESTON PANZ & THE DOWNROADS, 8PM, 4

TUE 25TH - ACOUSTIC OPEN MIC

Something for everyone before they close.

fun!

Just got back from the gig. Much fun was had! The 4bit Crew (man in Tarzan costume with beats apparently composed on a gameboy! :D ), Piney Gir (magnificent! and, by the way, grrr! :love: Great musician & technician too!) ) and Motormark (art-punk noise terrorism! I think my brain melted). Plus wonderful music (a DJ who plays The Postal Service. hurrah!) and the most eclectic-looking crowd I think I've ever seen!

Wny did I only discover this place now?!?!:(

Darn.

Just got back from the gig. Much fun was had! The 4bit Crew (man in Tarzan costume with beats apparently composed on a gameboy! :D )' date=' Piney Gir (magnificent! and, by the way, grrr! :love: Great musician & technician too!) ) and Motormark (art-punk noise terrorism! I think my brain melted). Plus wonderful music (a DJ who plays The Postal Service. hurrah!) and the most eclectic-looking crowd I think I've ever seen!

Wny did I only discover this place now?!?!:(

Darn.[/quote']

you come from stonehaven? do I know you?

oh my word, im so hungover!!! was a great night.....hopefully you'll all be seeing Piney Gir in aberdeen in march.... :D

i think i surpassed myself in the usual afterhours shenanigans though - and i said i wouldnt dance last night too...!! it was the 80's music that made me do it.....!! :O

Gold...always believe in your soul......!!!!

sorry bout my dj'ing!!! hehe!

s :love:

oh my word' date=' im so hungover!!! was a great night.....hopefully you'll all be seeing Piney Gir in aberdeen in march.... :D

i think i surpassed myself in the usual afterhours shenanigans though - and i said i wouldnt dance last night too...!! it was the 80's music that made me do it.....!! :O

Gold...always believe in your soul......!!!!

sorry bout my dj'ing!!! hehe!

s :love:[/quote']

I thought you were fair fucked when i talked to you....so god knows how bad you were after hours!!!

Last night was class......but a strange reality hit me when i realised i may never be in there ever again......sucks big hairy nuts

yup

Was an absolutely fantastic night!!! Such a mix of people in the bar and because of this the atmosphere was, well, words fail me. See how happy the scene in Aberdeen can be! The positive energy that was evident last night was overwhelming and must now be expanded upon. Aberdeen stands poised to be the new cultural centre of Scotland... FACT! The Scottish Executive and Arts Council believe this so why don't we all do the same.

There are some amazing people in Aberdeen doing fabtastice things!!!

Whoop Whoop for change!

Jim :up:

We're with you Jim. Stay positive. And Sharon' date=' you made me dance!! I don't know how that happened.

We must NEVER sell Aberdeen short.

xx[/quote']

Yeh......... we'll just go for it;

Why should we settle for second best, there has been a lot of dilute pish going on for far too long. What's great is there now appears to be a network of people wanting to move things in a direction that makes Aberdeen VIBRANT. Just take music, Aberdeen's reputation has never been better,.Just ask many of the artists who have played Drakes. The central belt cities have become lazy & as a matter of fact about the thousands of artists visting

their venues. Aberdeen can gain big time, by making each & every visitor feel special.

True Aberdonian hospitality.

Natural Progression