aberdeen-music

The Prodigy last night in Glasgow

HummerOfIntenseEvil

Immense gig, as Prodigy gigs always are. Fantastic sound, best I've heard from any gig at the Carling Academy anyway. Maxim was on top form. Fantastic versions of Smack My Bitch Up, Spitfire and Their Law. Would have liked Voodoo People, Break and Enter, No Good, Climbatize, Skylined or Everybody In The Place, but that was never going to happen really.

However, it's fairly obvious how pointless it was of Liam to get Juiliette Lewis to do all those vocals; Maxim sang them almost identically, which was what I suspected would be the case.

Not as good as Glasgow Green 1996, but possibly better than their performance at Leeds 2002. Even if there wasn't any amusing forays into Madness songs this time.

She's only on one song though...

Actually she's on two: Hotride and Spitfire. Although I thought she was on more than that. Which just goes to show how carefully I've listened to the album I suppose.

But anyway, the fact remains: there was no need to get guest vocalists, cos as the live show... showed, they don't bring anything to the songs that Maxim couldn't have.