aberdeen-music

Dimebag Darrell and 4 others dead.

The legend gone - RIP

I just found about this horrific tragedy this afternoon.

I can't say anymore than the 75 odd replies have alreayd said but he will be sadly missed. I'm a massive Pantera fan and i can't grasp that he won't be riffin it up anymore... i am truly sadenned by this.

R.I.P Dimebag - you will be missed.

My condolences to everyone who knew him, especially his brother Vinnie Paul.

Niall

SubsidiaN

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some random thoughts and Memories....

I remember the first time I listened to Pantera. The song was "Domination", the riff at the end floored me. I bought CFH days after it was released. My favourite mellow riff of all time is the very end of Floods. Pantera live at Donington 1994 was one of my fave concerts ever, I thought they ran rings round Sepultura. I think Radio 1 is fucking shit because Dimebag was part of a Grammy award nominated band who have sold millions of album yet they wont even play any Pantera (they do have mellow songs too if thats what they are worried about i.e. Planet Caravan). Dimebag was why I learned guitar, even although its impossible stuff to play his playing was inspiring.

None of the other DAMAGEPLAN bandmembers were hurt in the Columbus, Ohio shooting incident that resulted in the death of the group's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, a source close to the band has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Meanwhile, several people that have had conversations with Dimebag's former PANTERA bandmate, singer Philip Anselmo (currently in SUPERJOINT RITUAL), early this morning are reporting that the frontman is "devastated" by the news of Dimebag's death.

Although several web sites have reported that the alleged gunman, 25-year-old Nathan Gale of nearby Marysville, Ohio, hopped onstage, and allegedly made a comment about PANTERA's breakup before firing at close range into Darrell's body, Columbus police have not been able to confirm this.

Amateur video was taken from inside the Alrosa Villa nightclub and investigators were examining the tape to see if they could determine the events that led to the shootings.

There were no Columbus police officers inside the club due to a policy that prohibits officers from working inside liquor establishments. Alrosa Villa management was in charge of the building's security.

I'm absolutely gutted about this. Gonna crank up Cemetery Gates later on, it seems fitting somehow. Had 101% proof on in the car on the way home, it just makes it seem even more tragic.

Best. Riffs. Ever.

The damageplan site just has a picture of Dimebag up and nothing else right now.

This is the strangest feeling, having someone I would call a hero of mine die so suddenly. I'll raise a glass in his memory tonight.

That's truly fucking devastating.

I can't say he was the reason I picked up a guitar, but he certainly had a big impact on me more recently- a totally inspirational musician.

No one deserves any of this stuff and my condolences go to all involved with both the band members (Pat or Vinnie- still seems unclear) and the two fans.

The stuff Phil said in Metalhammer was unfortunate and we've probably all made similar comments before- he just timed it badly, so I don't think he should be taking half the shit I've been seeing spread around the Internet about him today.

Dimebag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't believe dimebnag darrell got wasted at a damage plan gig in ohio. what the fuck is the world coming to. May the greatest metaller the world has ever seen rest in heavy metal peace. i'm gonna listen to pantera till the end of this year as a personal tribute to the great man.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1494653/20041209/damageplan.jhtml?headlines=true if you're interested.

Gun Control in America .....

Bullshit

The owner of the club that this atrocity happned says the club did have metal detectors but htey were only used as a deterrent.

Also the bouncer at the door was gun point so ofcourse this Nate (the murderer) was going to get in.

I wish the murderer was still alive so he could get rot in prison

Good God, very bleak stuff.

When I first heard I assumed it would be of some natural cause or illness with Darrell being a pretty hard living guy, but to be shot in the head whilst playing a show! That's the worst fucking thing that could happen. Absolutely horrific for everyone in the band and the audience to see their hero/band memeber/friend shot dead on stage. Especially horrific for Vinnie, watching your brother die on stage.

Someone in American needs to sort out their gun laws before they waste time starting anymore wars.

R.I.P Dimebag.