aberdeen-music

Dimebag Darrell and 4 others dead.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of Pantera or anything, but makes me fucking sick to know this can happen.

Fucking Usa...

True story involving myself, this is how fucking dumb the country really is.

As a 21 year old in america 2months ago i went to a bar and got id all night for drink, fair enough i look quite young.

2 days later i'd arranged to go to a gun range with one of my dads friends and to do this all he asked was for me to supply my own ammunition.

And with there country being so fucked up, as a fucking non american citizen i managed to go into a gun shop and pick up high caliber ammo for guns like M16's and hunting rifles, no questions asked, not even asked for id.

Could have went out and shot a shit load of people in my eyes.....there country is fucking rubbish, id'd for drink, but here you go sir, have some deadly ammo, twats fucking hate them.

And to add insult to injury to there fucking nation, by pure accident, i'd left a small caliber hand gun bullet in my jacket pocket and got all the way to the uk with no questions asked, dumb shits.

On another note, its only a matter of time before this happens here.....who has all walked through barrowlands metal detectors and beeped and not been searched?? everyone who has been there i bet...its a scary thought.........

Well maybe just a wee bit too far' date=' but after the shit Anselmo's been spouting, saying somebody needs to beat Dimebag, not so far too far.[/quote']

Yeag but rock stars spout shit like that all the time... You can't actually expect someone to go out and do it... Not like that. Anselmo is bitter, so many bands split with big problems between the members, but very few would actually deep down want any ex bandmate to be killed... All this Anselmo stuff is unfortunate, but he wasn;t top know some dumb kid wass gonna get on that stage and gun those 5 people down... Anselmo will be shocked and saddened like the rest of us.

Gun Law, security.... these are the things that are the problems. There have been a few posts which have highlighted these factors... I eman the Americans goto foreign lands and kill suspected terrorists... But they can't get a hold of the cold blooded idiots that have guns within their own borders...

Although I wouldlike to say, that there are some very very smart, intelligent, good willed American people out there... Events liie this always cause generalisations and blanket statements, but the whole of America are not nutcases... But many are that way. What they need, is to sort their laws out. If people want to have guns, then make it at least for over 21's with adequate ID and background check... At least. (Although... I have to say even that is not gonna solve the problem... at the end of the day, if someone wants to shoot to kill someone, then they will find a way to do it)

Yeag but rock stars spout shit like that all the time... You can't actually expect someone to go out and do it... Not like that. Anselmo is bitter' date=' so many bands split with big problems between the members, but very few would actually deep down want any ex bandmate to be killed... All this Anselmo stuff is unfortunate, but he wasn;t top know some dumb kid wass gonna get on that stage and gun those 5 people down... Anselmo will be shocked and saddened like the rest of us.QUOTE']

Aye, ken. I was merely saying that i strongly dislike Anselmo and the things he's said. It was not a serious comment or a death threat or any of that shit. It has obviously been misunderstood, hence i now retract my previous statement.

12/10/04

VINNIE PAUL' date=' DAMAGEPLAN issue statements about DIMEBAG tragedy

Two days after Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed onstage, his brother and bandmate Vinnie Paul has issued a statement to the press. Like many of Dime's friends, Paul said that the guitarist will be remembered for his playing, but missed most for his giving personality.

"With all his greatness and accomplishments on the guitar, DIME will be missed more for his giving personality, charisma, caring for others, love and most of all his HEART!! Twice as big as the state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!" the statement read. "DIME gave it all everyday to each and every one of us and our lives have forever been hollowed without him...

"Thanks to all of you for reaching out to us in this time of our immeasurable loss. REST IN PEACE BROTHER DIME!!!!!!"

The surviving members of Damageplan also issued a statement revealing that their former head of security, Jeffrey "Mayhem" Thompson, was also killed in the tragedy, and that Chris Paluska, who worked with Damageplan's management and was their acting tour manager, was also shot and is in critical, but stable condition. The band's drum tech, John "Kat" Brooks, was hit with a bullet but will be released from the hospital today.

"Jeffrey 'Mayhem' Thompson was not just a true part of the Damageplan family, but part of the whole Dallas music scene," the statement said. "He was friend to all, with a great personality. He bent over backward to help us all with his trademark phrases like 'What can I do for you sir?' and 'Coming up!'"

In the statement, the band thanks Thompson for his extreme loyalty and credits him for helping save the surviving members' lives. "He stated his willingness to protect us, saying 'I'd take a bullet for ya,' and unfortunately did in defense of our lives," they said. "He truly lived and died for his friends and made the ultimate sacrifice, giving his life to save ours. For this we will never forget. You will be missed, big man."

The band's label, Atlantic Records, issued a statement as well, which reads in part, "Dimebag Darrell was an exceptional musician and an extraordinary person. Along with his brother and bandmate, Vinnie Paul, he was a member of the Elektra/Atlantic family for the past 14 years, and he will be deeply missed. The bravery displayed by Damageplan, their crew, their fans, and the local police will never be forgotten."

For much more on Dimebag Darrell's life, music and influence, tune in to a special edition of "Headbangers Ball" premiering Saturday night at 10 p.m. ET on MTV2.

[/quote']

The latest thing I've found, mentions it wasn't Big Val that was killed.

Guest Nikola Tesla
wawa' date=' it happens all the time. just cos its some big metal nailer everyone seems to boner about it. fair doos a metal legend is dead. but let it rest.[/quote']

:moody: .........

re

^^^ dude, fucking right. What an absolute cockwhore thing to say man, Dimebag was such a legend, one of my biggest inspirations and a pioneer of power metal. To have such a tragic thing happen to the poor guy and you show such disrespect :swearing: If a similar thing happens to one of your musical heroes that alot of us dont idolise, then you wont see us moaning about peoples pity. James