aberdeen-music

Dimebag Darrell and 4 others dead.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are people giving phil anselmo shit?????

he had nothing to do with the shooting and is part of the reason we all know dimebags music so well.Fuck

If your refering to my post, I was just saying I wonder how bad Phil is feeling after being quoted saying that, I ain't "giving him shit" as you put it. He is likely to be quizzed by police which is the last thing someone who has had someone they have been close to killed in such a horrific way needs.

Now I know why I had an over-whelming urge to listen to Pantera on Wednesday......

:moody:

Guest tv tanned

Was never a huge fan of Pantera but would always crank up the volume if they appeared on the stereo.

Nobody deserves to be killed in such circumstances, and the worrying questions have to be what the repercussions of this incident are likely to be for gig-goers in both the US and UK.

Expect security to become much much tighter asa result of this.

Our heroes are going to be even less easy to gain access to now, and all because some people develop fixations and obsessions. Nothing is so important as to devalue life, and we would all do well to remember that.

RIP Dimebag.

Comment from Dave Mustaine

"Droogies!

There is nothing unique or clever to this post, and what I want to say has no doubt already been said throughout the metal community, by countless others whom were more closer to Darrell than me by now.

However, knowing he was murdered tonight, I wish to thank and remember Darrell for his amazing life and the gift that he shared with me and so many other fortunates.

I pray for Darrell's family and friends; specifically for their healing, their peace, and their understanding of this tragedy in this time of need.

I send my deepest heartfelt condolences to the Abbott family, to Darrell's friends, and to the fantastic Pantera and Damageplan fans around the world.

We must never forget his life, and his gifts, his genius, his terrific personallity, and the legacy he left behind to remember him by.

Darrell, I will see you in heaven and I, like so many more, love you brother.

You will be missed.

Dave Mustaine"

i hope Phil is fucking happy with himself' date=' and the guilt is ripping him apart inside

[/quote']

i think this would be the post most people were referring to when wondering why phil was getting such a hard time, fair enough it's shocking news so peoples reaction would be quite emotional but there's no call for that surely. it seems it could've been that kind of reactionary response that caused this tragedy if the guy who did it was indeed ranting about phil and the break up of pantera. i'm sure the only thing ripping phil apart just now is grief. no one wants to see that happen to anyone they know.

it's a tragedy whether you were a fan or not(personally pantera nor damageplan did it for me) and until more information is released i don't think we'll really know how or why it happened.

i think this would be the post most people were referring to when wondering why phil was getting such a hard time' date=' fair enough it's shocking news so peoples reaction would be quite emotional but there's no call for that surely. it seems it could've been that kind of reactionary response that caused this tragedy if the guy who did it was indeed ranting about phil and the break up of pantera. i'm sure the only thing ripping phil apart just now is grief. no one wants to see that happen to anyone they know.

it's a tragedy whether you were a fan or not(personally pantera nor damageplan did it for me) and until more information is released i don't think we'll really know how or why it happened.[/quote']

exactly.

Fuck! I'm no fan of Pantera or Damageplan, but this is an utter disgrace! How the fuck did the guy manage to get a gun in there anyway? Assumng America has more stringent searching than Glasgow, you'd think it would be impossible to get a gun in there in the first place.

What about the two fans? So the idiot thought Dimebag fucked up his idol's life... what did those two fans ever do to him? What an utter waste.

Pity the trigger happy cops couldn't have managed to get the guy alive, and thus find out exactly why he would do such a stupid thing. Only in America...

Commiserations to the Abbots and the other victims' family members.

Pity the trigger happy cops couldn't have managed to get the guy alive' date=' and thus find out exactly why he would do such a stupid thing. Only in America....[/quote']

They probably felt that "shooting to wound" with the large risk to a large amount of civilians would not be enough to stop any more loss of any more *innocent* lives.

Would have been good to find out why he did it though.

Guest tv tanned
They probably felt that "shooting to wound" with the large risk to a large amount of civilians would not be enough to stop any more loss of any more *innocent* lives.

I imagine a search of his home will uncover him as an obsessed fan, with delusions etc.

Probably much the same vain as Chapman.

That's certainly what their reasoning will be. But I daresay that if they taught their officers how to shoot to wound rather than shoot to kill, they would have a much better chance of getting their man.

It just seems like an even more pointless tragedy if we don't know the actual reasons behind it, no matter how deranged they undoubtadly are.

Now I know why I had an over-whelming urge to listen to Pantera on Wednesday......

:moody:

samehere, for some strange reason, last night when i came home i found myself listening to pantera and damageplan for hours, even though i hadntlistened to them in ages, maybe sumthing was just letting fans here the music by both bands while all members were still alive.

i was be lieing to say that i didnt almost feel a tear come from one eye when reading this thread

farewell dbd and pat. may the rest of the band get through this and hopefully start jamming with some new shit....