aberdeen-music

Dimebag Darrell and 4 others dead.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this on DT.net and was about to post about it. This honestly can't be true' date=' just no. :([/quote']

It's all over the web. I'm not the biggest fan, although I respect Dimebag as a guitarist greatly. Cracking out my Dean ML in his honour for the next while, I think. This is really depressing news.

it says on CNN that vinnie paul was shot at and fell.....it could be any one of them. i wud have guessed if it was vinnie they'd have said so.

Gerald Caudill said the gunman shot the guitarist at least four times.

"I was up close to the stage and I just saw some guy run up on the side of the stage and I heard some shots and I saw (drummer) Vinnie (Paul) fall and somebody jumped on top of Vinnie' date=' and the guy just stayed around the stage and started shooting other people," Caudill said.

[/quote']

"According to eyewitness accounts, the gunman initially shot and killed the band's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell. Darrell, 38, and his brother, Vinnie Paul, 40, are former members of Pantera -- a group they formed in the 1980s. Their father is Jerry Abbott, a country and western songwriter and producer."

You'll see alot of reports on www.pantera.com its shocking that someone can just walk in and do that. Gun crime sucks!

i was just thinking that too

that copy of metal hammer is still sitting in my room...

it's an absolute disgrace

how could someone go to a gig with a gun and shoot someone anyway

the fact that it was an absolute legend just makes it so much worse

we'll perhaps have a pantera/damageplan tribute at the bassment on friday night...

i'm gutted. this sucks.

words dont really describe how pissed off at this shit i am' date=' dimebag is dead and who the fuck is responsible, the killer needs to be hunted down and dismembered by chainsaw, by either me or vinnie[/quote']

From the reports I read last night, the killer was killed at the scene. I'd like to know his motive. All murder is sensless, but this... Why? Y'know?

words dont really describe how pissed off at this shit i am' date=' dimebag is dead and who the fuck is responsible, the killer needs to be hunted down and dismembered by chainsaw, by either me or vinnie[/quote']
Columbus police Sgt. Brent Mull said the shooter appeared to be targeting the band members. After opening fire on the stage' date=' the gunman turned on the crowd. [b']At that point, an officer shot the man dead, Mall added. Police said there could have been many more fatalities had the officer not killed the gunman.

Doesn't bring Dimebag back though.