aberdeen-music

Any Final Fantasy Fans out there?

kfaar_giladi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about the mana games? someone spoke about them earlier' date=' I've only played the secret of mana on the snes, it was mindblowing! and with a multitap we had three player action! Awesome!![/quote']

I recommended to you Seiken Densetsu 3, which is the third game in the mana series, after Secret of Mana. Fans of the latter were disappointed with Secret of Evermore, which is what us westerners got from Square instead of SD3. Download seiken densetsu 3. I actually prefer it to secret of mana, and thats how good it is

• 2 months later...

as for the "plot holes" in FF7...

I remember in a lecture a few weeks ago we were being told about how cinema goers don't neccesarily care about little holes in the plot of a film because when you watch a film you put yourself in a different state of mind known as the passive submissive or something along those lines. basically it means that you allow yourself to think those holes don't matter and just accept any information regarding events building up to those you are watching. It might be a tenious link but I think that games are much the same in that way. when you play FF7 (or any other RPG for that matter) you have to immerse yourself into the game world, you can't just pick up and play it for 5 minutes, so I'd imagine that when you're in that state you don't really question these things but accept them in order to continue having fun playing and seeing what happens next.

it does pose the question though... Do games developers know this and use it to their advantage (i.e thinking they can get away with plot-holes and the like) or do the developers not know about this and it just so happens that because of this common human trait we tend to accept what could be described as a not entirely completed project?

I hope that made sense.

Final fantasy 7 was a great game, and 8 was good, but I never had the same devotion to it. Fans of final fantasy could do worse than to check out skies of arcadia, on the dreamcast and the gamecube. It is similar in the way it plays, but has added 'arr' due to a pirate theme running throughout.

Also worthy of mention is final fantasy tactics on the gba. Although it is not strictly a role player, it's very immersive, and lasts longer than any other game I'd care to mention!