aberdeen-music

Any Final Fantasy Fans out there?

kfaar_giladi

Guest haigyman

IV got me into them but VII still my favourite, just the sheer scope of the game; raising chocobos, racing them, snowboarding, materia!, the strategy game bit, the weapons, the fucking fucking ace storyline. My favourite game ever actually.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a great clip on newgrounds.com about FF VII.. I think its called "random encounters" or something like that.

However' date=' I can't be arsed looking for it but if you want to see it then you know where.[/quote']

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/169933

I used to think VI had the best storyline, but that's probably due to reading a review on the internet, not to mention it was the first final fantasy I had played right through. It depends on what you want from the storyline, because they are all brilliant

explain how please

(i'm not just being a dick' date=' i just want to know)[/quote']

For example red XIII is the last of his species - cut to 5 minutes later and there are hundreds of the swines running about.

There are also a lot of things about sephiroth/zak/aeris that dont really make sense, i had a big list of them, i will try and hunt down the link for them so you can take a gander at your own leisure...

no.

not appreciated.

although i have the personal view that FF7 is a fabrication of Cloud's mind - if you think about it, Cloud doesn't even know who he is and what's he's doing there, so it would be perfectly plausible that the story is just that - a story that he's invented.

</weird>

For example red XIII is the last of his species - cut to 5 minutes later and there are hundreds of the swines running about.

There are also a lot of things about sephiroth/zak/aeris that dont really make sense' date=' i had a big list of them, i will try and hunt down the link for them so you can take a gander at your own leisure...[/quote']

The storyline does not have to be completely anchored at all. The fact that there were a lot of unexplained things in the storyline made it more enjoyable and fulfilling.

At least once you are finished with the game, there is always room for discussion over things which weren't explained properly

And I can't recall the part about the many Red XIII's, except at the very end, which would of course mean that *Nanaki* probably reproduced asexually or he found a female of the same race

If some things with the Zak situation didn't make sense, try going back to the basement in the Shin-Ra mansion in Nebelheim before going to fight Jenova/Sephiroth on disc 3

Although the storyline was confusing whilst playing it I found that it all seemed to make sense once you've completed the game.

The only thing I was slightly confused about was when you see Red XIII with some baby things of the same race in the final cut scene.

Did you even read my post?

did anyone ever find all the shira soldiers items?

i think there is 50 oof them or something. Someone said if you got them all you got to be Sephiroth.

That was shite. It was just a useless item, 1/36 shin-ra soldier you got

although since i cant be arsed doing anything tonight i will rummage through FAQ sites to see if there is such a thing

I don't understand how plot holes are regarded as flaws within the game. A story can never be told and understood in the same way to everyone that it's told to. In my opinion, a story which doesn't allow opening of thoughts and theories is a pretty damn boring one

Guest haigyman

i don't think that they can even be considered as plot-holes, merely things that weren't explained in the game. The game still told a story from beginning to end whether or not it went into thorough detail of every aspect or not.

To be honest if they couldnt of fit any more into that game it was so huge.

Anyone else think this is one of the best RPG games ever made?? Better than Zelda or all the others?? I do.

Although zelda isn't an RPG in my book, Final Fantasy VII is the greatest RPG of all time

For the other folk who are into "proper" role-playing games, they would argue Neverwinter Nights or other ones just as shit

I'd say VII is the best due to the amazing golden saucer place in which i played for over a year and the fact Sephiroth and his sword were amazing. VIII was very good also except the junctioning system which was basicly a british t.v with a chinese instruction manual. I'm currently playiong X (10) which iv'e found 2 be good except the sphere grid as i have to waste time going bk and filling in bits iv'e missed, if u have 10 then u will understand. So all in all Final fantasy is something that u can do and talk about till ur death day and then give it 2 ur kids cause it is amazing and if i wasn't so lazy i'd write a letter asking them to take out 7 and 8 on ps2.

That whole thing with red is weird, but I reckon he can cross breed, remember that Hojo was going to breed Red with Tifa? perhaps Red found someone or something he could breed with... although I don't want to think about it!

Also, someone said something earlier about not being sure if jecht was actually an Aeon, well he was. He became the final Aeon in order to defeat sin, but when sin was defeated he was possesed by the summoner that controls sin, I forget his name...