aberdeen-music

Any Final Fantasy Fans out there?

kfaar_giladi

Hey guys, I was just curious to see if there are any Final Fantasy fans out on the forums other than my self, and would like to know which is ur favourite and why? My favourite is definately final fantasy VIII, everything about it is incredible, except the confusing junctioning system. Also any FF haters out there, plz don't come post here telling me how much u hate it, cos I'll cry...

cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boss music in ff VII rocked harder than the others' date=' but the music when u fight the final Aeon in X kicks major arse! I can never find the band who did it... Kick ass Japanese Metal![/quote']

Jecht isnt an aeon I don't think, i wasnt really paying attention due to the dire music 8)

to summarise, VII is the best, with no competition. Sephiroth is one of the greatest villans ever, and i loved the concept of the player questioning Cloud's sexuality (come on, he had plenty of chances to bone tifa and aeris and he never took them)

VIII and IX are on equal pars. Highly living in the shadow of their predecessor, but nevertheless fantastic RPGs. FF VIII junction system was a nice change to the standard stat building, and FF IX just summarised what final fantasy was all about on 4 discs. IX was the ultimate introduction to the series, yet at the same time, a gift to the die hard fans

Not forgetting about VI, which came out for SNES and famicom but not released in europe. Definately worth checking out. VI is different in the way that there is no main character in the game. Each character (well most of them, the yeti was just bloody stupid) had their own part to play in the story, making the final boss battle a lot more fulfilling when you finally beat that psycotic wanker Kefka.

Other games worth checking out:

The Mana series

Star Ocean 1-3

Suikoden

.hack

Romancing Saga 3

and of course, Chrono Trigger

FFi / FFii coming out soon on GC :)

I have played the ROM. The only real difference to the PS1 remakes last year is the absence of CGI, and there is the magic points system, rather than having to replenish your magic after 3 uses

there is also a bonus dungeon once both games are completed, containing bosses from FFIV, V, and VI

That bloody mailing centre took me ages to find!

Moogles play a good part in FFXI too.. and the chocobos in it are great.

To be honest, I thought FFXI wasnt going to be that great but I bought it anyway. Its better to not think of it as a Final Fantasy game as it doesnt really compare to the others... and is completly different, being an online game and all. Its an additive game though and I found that it was worth the money(although the monthly fees really piss me off).

recently downloaded 7 for the pc and am getting well into it again. Fucking awesome game!!

The pc version is nothing compared to the PSX one. The midi files are horrible, the pre-rendered backgrounds are really glitchy, and the game wont work on 2000 or XP without a patch, which didnt seem to work for me

But i wouldnt mind playing VIII on pc sometime:)