aberdeen-music

Tonelab - Opinions Anyone?

nightmares_dawn

I do believe that the Vox Tonelab Stage Edition is perhaps the current greatest floor-based amp modeling/digital effects unit in existance. Surpasses even the Line6 Pod. Set out plainly, easy to use... Got to be insane not to know the greatness of such a product.

Configured by professionals so that it sounds virtually identical to the original amps modeled, and forget the Harmony-Central user reviews of it being purely digital. Only thing digital about it is effects units and the digital screen display. Transistors don't make something Digital, Transistors make something solid-state.

Maybe I'm just Bias - being a massive supporter of Vox Amps. I'd kill for an AC30...

I do believe that the Vox Tonelab Stage Edition is perhaps the current greatest floor-based amp modeling/digital effects unit in existance. Surpasses even the Line6 Pod. Set out plainly' date=' easy to use... Got to be insane not to know the greatness of such a product.

Configured by professionals so that it sounds virtually identical to the original amps modeled, and forget the Harmony-Central user reviews of it being purely digital. Only thing digital about it is effects units and the digital screen display. Transistors don't make something Digital, Transistors make something solid-state.

Maybe I'm just Bias - being a massive supporter of Vox Amps. I'd kill for an AC30...[/quote']

This sounds strangely like a sales pitch...

I played a valvetronix 30 amp the other day. Nice Fender Vox and Mesa sounds, but the mid gain Marshall ones weren't so good (although the plexi model was nice on half gain)

Definitely usable and very good value for money, but not quite there yet. Will probably be picking one up for piddling with in the flat - My new Orange (with no master volume) is just too damn loud.

Craig