aberdeen-music

Capdown last night

Guest Salty

I thought it was the best gig of the year and I'm not sucumbing to any cliche here when I say that, I just had so much fun and the band's were amazing.

The 44s put on yet another good show, must be the second or third time I've seen them now. Not many people dancing unfortuately.

Twofold were ok. I didn't really think they fitted the whole ska bill though but still they put on a good show.

Capdown, what can I say. I didn't really see much of them (due to dancing with Allstardawn) but I could certainly hear them and all I can say is wow. I've never skanked so much in my life before, I couldn't believe there were heaps of people not dancing, it felt to compulsive. I've woken up today with lots of bruises and a bump on the head though so that's not so good.

i missed the 44s, twofold were good tho the sound quality was really shit for them. I thought they fitted in well...capdown always tour with top bands (five knuckle, whizzwood, link 80) and this was no exception...couldn't belive capdown started with kained but able (they didnt play it last year...my fave song too). a lot of new ones but overall i enjoyed them a lot more than last time. i totally respect everything they say...they dont act like big rock stars, their one of the hardest touring bands, a band that belive in supporting your local scene and helping each other out. i was well impressed with jakes Freaks Union tshirt...(freaks union being the best band in britain right now by about a mile...good for nothing? will be bringing them upto a venue near you soon :p)

fookin amazing gig, the 44s were shit-hot as they always are. However, i was dissapointed that me and my flatmates were the only ones skanking away to them. Got talking to lead singer afterwards, sound dude said they might be back in march, can't wait. Although i wouldn't be supprised if they didn't come back for a while, cos whats the point. they had to travel all the way from glasgow and pay for they're meal on the day and they get the most unenthusiastic audience ever. Havw to say the atmosphere at kef for 44s was far better. Didn't get into twofold, but thats cos i was gettin a dose of the McBelly, i'm sure they use human meat. Capdown were absolutely amazing, was fucked afterwards. Best gig of the year in my opinion.

It certainly was good. I didnt thing twofold were all that good, but each to there own,

The 44's were good but I only saw the last 2 songs of theirs. It was very early doors wasn't it?

Capdown were awesome. Loads of people dancing. Not gig of the year for me, that would be sick of it all 2 weeks ago but still mighty good

I thought Twofold were pretty boring, and didn't really excite me very much - but each to their own. I enjoyed Capdown, but the highlights of the set by far, for me, were the old songs, and that generally doesn't bode well for any band IMO. I think they're great guys, but from the gig last night, I wouldn't go any see them again any time soon.

I thought the 44s were amazing as always. For better than twofold, for me anyway. But i'm so biased it hurts.

Thanks for buying tons of merch last night btw everyone. The guys were totally chuffed.

I was upfront at the stage area' date=' getting squashed, I too ended up with a few bruises but I don't care! Capdown were brilliant![/quote']

that was the best place to be, i probably bashed into you then :up:

• 2 weeks later...