aberdeen-music

TONIGHT - THE DANCING SHOES ARE ONE - CAPDOWN + TWOFOLD + THE 44s @ MOSHULU

Ross

I have no-one to go with :(

Everyone has deserted me.

at least you can go :(

I'm in glasgow.....i have to work all night tomorrow....

But for all you aberdeen people....the 44s were fantastic on friday night!

And Capdown and Twofold will be great too!

And.....tickets are cheaper if you go to the Bassment and buy them now!!!

And......you help Ross' health if you buy them now.....

Help an old man's health - go on, you know you want to.....;)

it is a nice finishing time

I am very much looking forward to this, its been ages since i have seen the 44s, I think it was over a year ago. But the real reason to go is to see capdown

My dancing shoes are ready to go!

Stu' date=' I'll bring that Lightyear album for you. An elephant never forgets.[/quote']

If its a copied cd, then thats great. I dont want to risk the proper cd being broken

I completely forgot about asking you about that album :help:

I thought the sound could have been a lot better, especially with the 44s. Twofold didnt appeal to me at all, but the guitarist outside selling their cds was a nice enough guy, especially after i told him i didnt want to waste my money.

Capdown did it for me, the sole reason for such a brilliant gig. However it would have been nice if they had played more punk numbers like "Deal Real" or even some stuff off the Time for Change EP

Really enjoyed the gig tonight.

44s were great as they usually are, pity there wasn't more people there to see them. New songs sounded good, why no 'evening spread' though? Can't wait for a new Cd to come out from them.

Twofold were alright, not really my thing, they just seemed to sound the same as so many bands doing the rounds just now. Although they did seem like nice guys.

Capdown were quality, was kinda annoyed that i couldn't get in for a good skank due to me hurting my back during the weekend! The crowd fairly got going though. There seemed to be a few songs missing that they should have played, maybe that was just me being forgetful.

All in all a good night.

Aye Johnny, you can take back what you said about Aberdeen atmospheres!

Last night was awesome. The 44s played pretty well as usual but something felt different... who knows what. I love the new songs, and the new guitarist did a pretty good job. That bunch of drunk guys were pretty funny.

Twofold were OK. I didn't know what to expect but they got better toward the end of the set. Saving the best songs 'til last I guess.

And as for Capdown, fuck me they were fantastic. As tight as ever, great stage presence and the news songs are top-knotch. The only complaint would maybe be too many new songs played, but it has been that long since they've been up... Can't wait for next time!

And I take it Ross got a good night's sleep judging by the amount of people there? :p

In my opinion i don't think that the capdown gig gives a lot of brownie points to the aberdeen atmospheres. I just don't understand people who think its alright to turn up just for the headline band, its pretty narrow-minded. The 44s are one of the best live acts i've seen, but apart from about 6 people(4 of which were my flatmes and i)who were gettin into their set, the rest were just standin about like it was a wake. Pretty shitty i reckon.