aberdeen-music

Diving B@stard

Skacel

Well you have exceled me' date=' especially in your previous post...I take it John Lennon breeded murderous fans aswell?

Most football fans DO just want to watch a game of football, for whatever reason, but still football does have a much MUCH higher percentage of trouble-makers (than anyother sport for a start, and especially metal) why else would they seat different supporters apart? It's not for the sake of one or two individuals.

It's the culture of football that makes the violent, agressive, loutish or racist fans like that, its fucking mental health problems that cause the incident you stooped low enough to mention.[/quote']

I already explained how seriously my previous post should be taken you fool. You are ignoring the point i made earlier. It is not the culuture of football that makes people violent, agressive etc, it's a much wider social problem usually involving the more socially depraved. You don't see many people who were fortunate enough to be brought up in a middle-class environment who received a decent education getting involved in football related thuggery. And while it's true that football has many more trouble makers this is purely because many more people are involvedin football as fans and spectators and it's unfair to say it has a MUCH higher PERCENTAGE of troublemakers. And on the whole the bad behaviour of football fans is purely vocal not physical and even then is mostly restricted to the stadium itself. I mean you don't very often see football related brawls in the street even between the old firm fans.

Guest neil ex
That's a lot of one-offs.

Not to mention the football fans that just spread hatred.

I was joking about hating 'the Huns'.

Your original post was obviously aimed at Jimmy Jazz. It was either a cheap shot (which I assume) or you've been led to believe, by a minority of football 'fans', that all football fans are hooligans (I don't think you're that stupid and you've went on to prove that you don't think like that).

It is not the culuture of football that makes people violent' date=' agressive etc, it's a much wider social problem usually involving the more socially depraved. You don't see many people who were fortunate enough to be brought up in a middle-class environment who received a decent education getting involved in football related thuggery.[/quote']

Im sorry, you're wrong. Simply because you don't see the "lower class" people causing trouble at a metal gig. They can be really annoying by trying to hug you infact... any type or "class" of person who is at a metal gig enjoying the music will more likely shake your hand when you accidently bump into them and send them flying! Doesn't add up does it? Must be the football.

And while it's true that football has many more trouble makers this is purely because many more people are involvedin football as fans and spectators and it's unfair to say it has a MUCH higher PERCENTAGE of troublemakers.

It's not unfair' date=' i'm speaking proportionally. There was less trouble-makers in the tens of thousands at Download Festival than there would be at a poorly attended Celtic game. Believe me.

And on the whole the bad behaviour of football fans is purely vocal not physical and even then is mostly restricted to the stadium itself. I mean you don't very often see football related brawls in the street even between the old firm fans.

It's purely vocal cos theres a big fence inbetween them to stop it becoming physical. Keep up. And violence outside the stadium, no, doesn't happen everyday...but does happen more than it should.

Im sorry' date=' you're wrong. Simply because you don't see the "lower class" people causing trouble at a metal gig. They can be really annoying by trying to hug you infact... any type or "class" of person who is at a metal gig enjoying the music will more likely shake your hand when you accidently bump into them and send them flying! Doesn't add up does it? Must be the football.[/quote']

But your average working class (and I'm not being a snob here, i'm talking about your kind of ned culture) won't be found at a metal gig and certainly not in large numbers which gives them a feeling of security to misbehave.

It's not unfair' date=' i'm speaking proportionally. There was less trouble-makers in the tens of thousands at Download Festival than there would be at a poorly attended Celtic game. Believe me.[/quote']

Purely Bollocks. 80,000 Celtic fans in Seville with excessive alcohol consumption and there wasn't the need for a single fucking arrest. Not one. Not even after a crushing defeat. Fact. Are you gonna tell me there were no arrests at Download?

It's purely vocal cos theres a big fence inbetween them to stop it becoming physical. Keep up. And violence outside the stadium' date=' no, doesn't happen everyday...but does happen more than it should.[/quote']

Violence in fucking society in general happens too much. It's a fact of life son and the number of occurences outside football stadiums is not disproportionately represented in this number. And most football fans are wimps. They aren't all tough guys and even those that do all the shouting wouldn't wish at all to get involved in a fight. No fences would have quite the opposite effect for the majority. They wouldn't even chant cos they'd be shit scared to. It would just a very small minority (that word again) who would go straight in with fists.

But your average working class (and I'm not being a snob here' date=' i'm talking about your kind of ned culture) won't be found at a metal gig and certainly not in large numbers which gives them a feeling of security to misbehave.

Purely Bollocks. 80,000 Celtic fans in Seville with excessive alcohol consumption and there wasn't the need for a single fucking arrest. Not one. Not even after a crushing defeat. Fact. Are you gonna tell me there were no arrests at Download?

Violence in fucking society in general happens too much. It's a fact of life son and the number of occurences outside football stadiums is not disproportionately represented in this number. And most football fans are wimps. They aren't all tough guys and even those that do all the shouting wouldn't wish at all to get involved in a fight. No fences would have quite the opposite effect for the majority. They wouldn't even chant cos they'd be shit scared to. It would just a very small minority (that word again) who would go straight in with fists.[/quote']

Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. We've got past the point of bringing our thoughts to the table, its just a disagreement of actual fact now. Since you believe there is so little violence in football, we won't get anywhere with that, but there is no denying the spiteful hatred displayed by so many fans at games...they don't chant and shout obscene and disrespectful things as a joke between them all.

To quickly address the other points though. I'd be confident that there was no arrests at Download for fighting.... there probably was for people climbing scaffolding much to the amusement of the rest of the crowd though. And I have met, ok small, groups of neds who like their metal at the pub and at metal gigs. Trust me "son", they are more annoying because they are too friendly and try and hug you when they stink of shit/weed.

Let's put a lid on it.

And football fans are violent? Let's take a look at the kind of audiences metal gigs attract:

http://www.nme.com/news/110784.htm

Hmm' date=' murderous ones it seems.

[/quote']

very good. one of our heros is dead....so im not really in the mood to have "i told you so"

i'll know what to do when Morrisey dies they day his fans realise he is shit and ran out of the arena and trample the fucker :up:

very good. one of our heros is dead....so im not really in the mood to have "i told you so"

i'll know what to do when Morrisey dies they day his fans realise he is shit and ran out of the arena and trample the fucker :up:

;( I know demon, this is the last thing you Dime fans need right now, how insensitive can this guy get?????

I don't think I should like him, he disses a thread all about me...sob....... ;(

Guest neil ex

Talking about referees, John 'the hun' Rowbotham makes yet another incredible decision against an Aberdeen team. I didn't see Preece's sending off properly, but Rowbotham 'failed to notice' another case of violent conduct against an Aberdeen player. Luckily for the Hibs player he wasn't wearing a red shirt or he surely would have been joining preece for an early shower.. ooh la la! ;)