aberdeen-music

Diving B@stard

Skacel

Guest neil ex

Kenny's a sound bloke and an alright referee in my 'book'. The SFA have studied a video of the incident several times, and have come to the conclusion that he actually tripped over his left foot.

Hugh

yellowcard_thumb.png

*books Ripple Boy*

Guest neil ex
Shut it' date=' just cos football frightens you. And it was straight from the school of Peter Lovenkrands not Petrov.[/quote']

Are you a Celtic fan?

Come on, they're just as bad as each other. Both cheating bastards.

Hugh

No this is a terrible thread:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19311

Somebody seems a bit friendship starved.

Yes, I agree....heaven forbid someone should have a bit of fun and be a bit friendly at 4am in the morning after a good night out. Next time I'll come on start a thread about the "fenian bastards" for example...or maybe go in a strop because my "team" got gubbed by a bunch of violent louts at a game that has to seat each sides support seperately before someone gets slahed in the face with a knife. Then, despite my tiredness, I'll watch Match of the Day, which I taped, and study each game, identifying tricks and traits of each individual's game so that when it occurs at a later event I can say "that was straight from the school of Peter Lovenkrands"....you know, USEFUL knowledge. Then my "team" score and I punch the air and shout "YYEEESS! COME ON" followed by "TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!".

Can you actually play football Neil or are you just in it for the "thrill" of the competition in the league table?.. or whatever. Why not wait for the Radio Time every week and find out which program got the best ratings for Ch4 in the week! You can choose your favourite program and when it is in 1st position you can come on here and gloat about how Will and Grace was watched by more of the population, to all the Simpsons fans!

"HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO!"

People take football WAY to seriously

ITS ONLY A GAME!

How many loving fathers with loving wifes and a great job go to a game on a Saturday and then knock the tar out of some stranger based on the fact that he likes a different team? I mean its fucking pathetic. I seem to remember not so long ago some Russian army soldiers were coming over to Scotland to beat the living shit out of some Celtic fans because their player hacked their player

When was the last time you heard that slayer and metallica fans were fighting in the street? (Despite the rivalry)

Pathetic

Guest neil ex

People enjoy football, and you two are talking about a small minority of 'fans'. I do, however, hate the Huns. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about football.

People take football WAY to seriously

ITS ONLY A GAME!

How many loving fathers with loving wifes and a great job go to a game on a Saturday and then knock the tar out of some stranger based on the fact that he likes a different team? I mean its fucking pathetic. I seem to remember not so long ago some Russian army soldiers were coming over to Scotland to beat the living shit out of some Celtic fans because their player hacked their player

When was the last time you heard that slayer and metallica fans were fighting in the street? (Despite the rivalry)

To be fair man there was a lot of reported fighting on the Slayer/Slipknot tour between fans of said fans and I've seen on many message boards apart from this one that Metallica (or bands of similar stature) discussions often end in slanging matches like no other.

At the end of the day we're all passionate about different things to different degrees and some people display these passions in the only way they seem to be able to - mindless violence. The Millwall fans coming to a Hearts game for revenge on the travelling Turkish fans after incidents in Millwall's away game there comes to mind...

The strange thing is that almost no one ever expects me to be even the smallest bit interested in football...

To be fair man there was a lot of reported fighting on the Slayer/Slipknot tour between fans of said fans and I've seen on many message boards apart from this one that Metallica (or bands of similar stature) discussions often end in slanging matches like no other.

At the end of the day we're all passionate about different things to different degrees and some people display these passions in the only way they seem to be able to - mindless violence. The Millwall fans coming to a Hearts game for revenge on the travelling Turkish fans after incidents in Millwall's away game there comes to mind...

The strange thing is that almost no one ever expects me to be even the smallest bit interested in football...

yeah i read about the fights in metal hammer. thing is i was at the glasgow gig and i saw nothing but people getting on.

Yes' date=' I agree....heaven forbid someone should have a bit of fun and be a bit friendly at 4am in the morning after a good night out. Next time I'll come on start a thread about the "fenian bastards" for example...or maybe go in a strop because my "team" got gubbed by a bunch of violent louts at a game that has to seat each sides support seperately before someone gets slahed in the face with a knife. Then, despite my tiredness, I'll watch Match of the Day, which I taped, and study each game, identifying tricks and traits of each individual's game so that when it occurs at a later event I can say "that was straight from the school of Peter Lovenkrands"....you know, USEFUL knowledge. Then my "team" score and I punch the air and shout "YYEEESS! COME ON" followed by "TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!".

Can you actually play football Neil or are you just in it for the "thrill" of the competition in the league table?.. or whatever. Why not wait for the Radio Time every week and find out which program got the best ratings for Ch4 in the week! You can choose your favourite program and when it is in 1st position you can come on here and gloat about how Will and Grace was watched by more of the population, to all the Simpsons fans!

"HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO!"[/quote']

As has been stated already that is only a small minority of football fans who behave in that manner and I certainly am not in that minority as can be seen by the fact that i am a Celtic fan and my best friend is a Rangers fan. We don't knife each other we just have light hearted digs about each other's teams. And we can make judgements about a player's on pitch character by watching the game once thank you very much. And yes i can actaully play football but i only play with my friends, for fun, not for competition, just like you probably play Warhammer with your friends. And i resent any implication that I'm some kind of glory hunter, supporting Celtic is in my family and i couldn't help it any more than i could help the colour of my eyes. Clearly this shows (other Ross) that it is not purely a game and is of much greater cultural and social importance. Of course this has some bad consequences but this does not apply to all football fans.

And football fans are violent? Let's take a look at the kind of audiences metal gigs attract:

http://www.nme.com/news/110784.htm

Hmm, murderous ones it seems.

And Finally:

"All I know most surely about morality and obligations, I owe to football" Albert Camus

You say that but look at the high school killers in America' date=' they were huge metal fans not "soccer" fans. Now I'm not actually suggesting that the teens were killers because they were metal fans I'm just trying to match you for ignorance.[/quote']

Well you have exceled me, especially in your previous post...I take it John Lennon breeded murderous fans aswell?

Most football fans DO just want to watch a game of football, for whatever reason, but still football does have a much MUCH higher percentage of trouble-makers (than anyother sport for a start, and especially metal) why else would they seat different supporters apart? It's not for the sake of one or two individuals.

It's the culture of football that makes the violent, agressive, loutish or racist fans like that, its fucking mental health problems that cause the incident you stooped low enough to mention.