aberdeen-music

Too little...too much?

Mouse

Too much! I work 12hours hours a week and that's too much some weeks. You wanna concentrate on uni a part time job means shit when you compare it to what you will be earning when you get a job after graduating...I mean keep your job but less hours are better in my opinion. I think my 12hours would be great if it was one week day and one weekend day. That way you still have 4 week days and a weekend day for study/yourself. Currently I have no weekend and that really sucks but I do get every week day to do what I want after uni.

Guest tv tanned

If you work long weekend shifts and a short shift during the week, then it isn't too much.

If you are doing a number of shifts through the week, then you're being silly and should get your hours cut or reorganised.

Guest Charity Case

Well, im saving to get a motorbike, boat, go back to college so I intend on starting a 66 or 78hour week

some of us cant be students, count yourself lucky and stop complaining

I worked a 20-25 hour week when I was studying (more than I "work" now - HA!), and that included travelling from Ellon everyday into town, then to Foveran to work, then home again; making for 13 hour day three times a week. But I had money to get pissed, and passed my degree. It was less then challenging though. I 'spose it depends on what you're studying.

It's all very well saying, "just get your hours cut." I'm on a 12 hour contract. My dept. manager has been giving all the uni students anything from 18 to 31 hours a week. When I told her that I *couldn't* do any more than 12, she just giggled and said, "I'll do my bestest." Rargh. But enough of my petulant ranting.

A 23 hour a week part-time job on top of studying a BEng in Mechanical Engineering. I'm finding it very difficult' date=' personally my mates think it's insane, some of them work 10 hours a week![/quote']

Jesus! How are you hitting 23hrs? That's crazy! Next time I see you at work, remind me to give you a shitty 15p coffee.

Jesus, and you work with Colin...

Guest RockMonkey

It depends if you are finding it too much. Your degree is the most important thing to be worrying about. If you feel it is sufferng because of work commitments you should talk to your adviser. I am a lecturer for the MSc Oil and Gas Engineering online degree, and I deal with a lot of students who are having trouble with managing their time. The best thing to do is approach your advisers if you are having trouble with deadlines etc. They may very well be able to help you.