aberdeen-music

Zerouali...

-matthEw-

has died in a car accident :(

Morocco international Hitcham Zerouali has been tragically killed in a car accident on Sunday.

Moroccan television reported that the former Aberdeen star died after a high-speed collision in the city of Temara.

The 27-year-old moved back to his homeland last summer and was plying his trade for FAR Rabat.

Indeed, he scored two goals on Saturday in his club's victory over KAW Marrakech.

Zerouali left Aberdeen in July 2002 to sign for Saudi outfit Al Nasr.

Last summer he had a trial with League Two side Darlington but failed to earn a contract at The Reynolds Arena.

very sad news, I remember when i first started going to Pittodrie regulary was the season we signed him...probably the most talented player ive seen play for Aberdeen.

watching the goal here against hibs (http://www.scotprem.com/video/weekly/011117.asp) brought a smile.

RIP Zero

xx

Guest Ancient Mariner

I am certain my generation will remember him as fondly as my dad's generation remembers Zoltan Varga: as someone who only played a few seasons but was the highlight of a particular Aberdeen era.

wa wa Zero' date=' you were shite[/quote']

Im all for people giving an opinion, and respecting that others have opinions... But that is just disrespectful man, and uncalled for... You don't wish death on anyone... And regardless of the footy side of things, he was a down to earth guy, a loving father, and a good ambassador for Aberdeen FC. You would have been better just not saying anything if thats how you feel about it...

He was a great player though... There was a point earlier about comparison to Zoltan Varga... In a short space of time he achieved cult heroism with the fans. Zero was the same, if he hadn't broken his leg in that second season, he would have set the SPL alight. But its just the way things turn out.