aberdeen-music

The Hurt Process + Silverstein + Underoath + Roses Are Red

lava p.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good gig - I'm glad I made the effort.

Roses Are Red: Sadly missed the first few songs but enjoyed what I did see. Missed '300 Motion Pictures' presuming that they played it which I REALLY wanted to hear. Perhaps suffer from the 'band doing moves exactly like I've seen a million times before syndrome. Good mind.

Silverstein: Expected a lot after Kai's excitement but I thought they were really average at best and bland at worst. Didn't get into them at all.

The Hurt Process: Bought the album ages ago after a song on a Metal Hammer CD and was disappointed in it but live is a different proposition. Gonna listen to the CD on the way to work tomorrow and try and re-evaluate my opinion on it as I thought it sounded really good live. Performance mildly marred by an overweight prick or two and unimaginative heckling but greatly enjoyed them.

Underoath: What's with the synth/whatever guy? Was he low in the mix? Does he do anything at all? :p Good set which was well-balanced in that the right songs seemed to be in the right place if you know what I mean. Most enjoyable and a great crowd response.

All in all a good night :)

I thought it was a really good show.

I enjoyed all the bands..... and the beer a bit too much afterwards too..... urgh, damn work.

I don't see why the Hurt Process get such a slagging.... everyone was telling me they were shit but i'd never heard them, so I went fearing the worst. In the end I thought they were pretty decent.

:D

And I got the cool def leppard roses are red t-shirt.... so it was a triumph...

ace gig...

fucking silverstein... fucking ace, and underoath were also very very shit hot...

hurt process always get a slagging, probably cos the singers fat, but they are good band and he has a brilliant scream. ive always said they are good band even when everyone else continues to rip the piss... roses are red were decent... but my impression of that guitarist with the bodywarmer was that he was a tit the way he was acting and licking his guitar neck n' all. talked to him and was having laugh with him in moshulu later on turns out hes an ace bloke...

overall fucking ace gig..... got me prepped for bleeding fucking fucking through... which shall be ace...

upload more photos of last night

oh yeah what wis the really annoying run around pushing every one over kinda pit goin on last night? fucking tryin to dance, but no room or space for loads of dudes running about knocking everyone over ya know

not enough room for a flykick even.............

thats because people were moshing it was the cool thing before hardcore dancing came into perspective ;).

Was an ace gig went to see Silverstein but Underoath pretty much blew everything apart. Was very pissed off with the fat shit who threw me accross the floor and then threw another guy unconcious.

Good to see Kef so packed again though! Well done.

Roses are Red - they were fucking ace, i was impressed by them ALOT!! Bought the album and it's ace too!

Silverstein - I have the album and it's not as good as i thought it would be but i thought that they'd maybe impress me more live, but no, they really bored me. They're a good band but I don't know there's just something about them that i don't like and i don't know what it is.

The Hurt Process - I didn't watch their whole set - i saw them twice last year and i don't like them, the singer's voice annoys me. But yeah, i thought they were ok.

Underoath - I thought Underoath were awesome, great songs, great stage presence.

Very good night indeed, enjoyed myself alot, and lost my voice too.

Great photo's neil.

Guest Nikola Tesla
thats because people were moshing it was the cool thing before hardcore dancing came into perspective ;).

Even though that was meant to be joke, get yer history right. HxC dancing has been around since the early 80's. It's far more impressive to watch people dance than just be a bunch of thugs pushing and hitting eatch other.

Anyway, I really enjoyed underoath's set (all rumours about their preachyness were quite falsified obviously :) ) The rest of the bands came off a bit bland but Underoath made up for it :D

Even though that was meant to be joke' date=' get yer history right. HxC dancing has been around since the early 80's. It's far more impressive to watch people dance than just be a bunch of thugs pushing and hitting eatch other.[/quote']

God forbid we take away the BringTheMoshHokeyCokey! Gigs just wouldn't be the same!

Was an ace gig went to see Silverstein but Underoath pretty much blew everything apart. Was very pissed off with the fat shit who threw me accross the floor and then threw another guy unconcious.

Why the fuck do people feel the need to be violent like that at gigs? I never get involved in pits or anything because of my tendacy to get knocked silly easily, but even if I was strong enough to handle hits to the head..I wouldn't go hurting people like that for no reason :s is there really any reason to manhandle someone just because you're bigger and stronger than them?

Silverstein: Expected a lot after Kai's excitement but I thought they were really average at best and bland at worst. Didn't get into them at all.

I really enjoyed Silverstein. It was just a decent gig all round. There's a Victory Records sampler CD for The Black Maria on the counter in One Up. It's also got a load of other bands on it, including Silverstein. It's worth checking out, cos even if you don't like them after hearing the CD, at least you've not wasted money on an album you'll never listen to.

Even though that was meant to be joke' date=' get yer history right. HxC dancing has been around since the early 80's. It's far more impressive to watch people dance than just be a bunch of thugs pushing and hitting eatch other. [/quote']

Such a generalisation and check my post I didn't say it was new just highlighting the fact it is becoming more and mroe popular.

Guest Nikola Tesla
Such a generalisation and check my post I didn't say it was new just highlighting the fact it is becoming more and mroe popular.

When i think about it, a year ago hardly any of these 'mosh' kids would have been at those gigs and there still would have been the same people dancing along to the music. It's tough 'moshers' that seem to have invaded these gigs and made them crap for people who want to dance. The popularity of HxC dancing seems no bigger to me since i first ever saw it being done, and no my commment is not a generlisation in anyway or form.